New Manager Speculation

maqroll

5 minutes ago, midian said:

Friend of mine no reason to tell me lies,not claiming to be a ITK either just passing on what I have been told

Just worries me if its thought to have been done why Henry or anybody hasnt come out and said anything

It's not that weird. If you are professional, follow a contract and possibly even have some kinda moral backbone, you wouldn't spill this right before your team kicks off. Belgium has a match tonight IIRC, then one this weekend, then the final one on Tuesday? I wouldn't be surprised if more news started leaking either late tonight, tomorrow or after the two remaining matches.

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can understand that.

In fact i can understand that from any manager currently employed at a decent level.

Imagine Rodgers interviewing for the Villa job, not getting it, and then having to go back to Celtic to carry on his job there.

We'd be livid if a Villa manager did that with another team.

But the other way to look at it is other managers might think they are second choice and not want it

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Wouldn't the fact that this drags on suggest Henry is the target, but he is currently focused on the internationals?

I'd be unimpressed if Henry is our manager and he's stalling due to the international break. If he's taking the job, he ought to be coming in ASAP to spend some time getting up to speed not sticking around in his old job for a meaningless game against Switzerland.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I'd be unimpressed if Henry is our manager and he's stalling due to the international break. If he's taking the job, he ought to be coming in ASAP to spend some time getting up to speed not sticking around in his old job for a meaningless game against Switzerland.

This. The more he delays it the harder his first fixture should be

To be honest we need the new guy in asap. We are a mess.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Belgium has a match tonight IIRC, then one this weekend, then the final one on Tuesday? 

No match tonight.

Switzerland on Friday, then a friendly against Netherlands next week.

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

So you would prefer he have character that let him pull a martin o’neil “

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Eeek.

Monaco or Villa? :lol:

Though, Monaco could be riskier than Villa. They are 1 point from bottom ?

isn't that his boyhood club? i seem to recall having him in my monaco team in an old champ manager when they were ridiculously good

43 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

What the actual **** like. World has gone mad. A glorified physio and a former great with zero coaching. 

SO Henry only put out cones and bibs, now Faria is just a glorified physio :crylaugh:

They keep getting better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

So you would prefer he have character that let him pull a martin o’neil “

O'Neill threw his toys out and walked out. He didn't leave because he'd got a new job. which other teams have their new managers wait until a good time to leave? Presumably we'd be paying up for his contract ending early anyway.

Reminds me of Houllier's notice period...It's all very Aston Villa, I can't recall any other club putting up with it.

Edited by Davkaus

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

But you dismissed Smith as rolling the dice yet they both struck me as similar to Smith in that they had some managerial experience before taking the Villa job, Smith probably more so considering he’s managed in the modern game so not exactly rolling the dice is he?

As detailed, Smith has no playing or managerial experience at a club similar to ours. Little had both, JG playing but as stated, was more of a risk, granted. 

Like it or not, Smith is a bit of a risk. 

5 minutes ago, bully said:

Do Rodgers and Terry know each other well from their Chelsea days?

Potentially

Rodgers was there 2004 - 2008 as youth coach and then reserves coach, but Terry was already 1st team captain by the time he arrived

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

SO Henry only put out cones and bibs, now Faria is just a glorified physio :crylaugh:

They keep getting better.

You only need to be able to put cones out in a straight line and "rub someone down" in order to get your badges. 

• Haha 1