New Manager Speculation

maqroll

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Nail on head, it's a problem for us for both on and off-field staff, dealing with the weight of expectation that comes with Villa as opposed to your Huddersfields of the world. 

Hourihane I think admitted it was the thing he struggled with most joining from Barnsley but it's often entirely overlooked on here.

I don’t think it’s overlooked,  it’s just accepted that not many managers with big club experience will want to manage here. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

5 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

It would still mean playing extremely cautiously and setting up not to lose the same as Bruce does, I can get behind the idea of a new manager that implements a more attractive attacking style of football over the next few years but what I don't want is just a better version of Bruce, I'm so bored of that. 

Wagner outsmarted beuce when we played them. If i remember he had them attacking against us in both games although the one at villa park was a massive mistake by gollini

20 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Need some shock and awe football, whoever the manager is, don't like defensive football that much anymore, so whoever comes in needs to deliver the SHOCK AND AWE at fast pace.

You don't have to like it.....but you do have to know how to defend in this league else we are going no where.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

They aren't available as our last few choices were from the mouth watering cheap pool of unemployed managers with British football experience 

I think we we may drop the British bit - but can not see us poaching another clubs manager.

I think the lack of a viable alternative starring us in the face - may keep Bruce in a job a while longer.

If someone could come in and make the players play like they didn’t just meet for the first time in the tunnel walking onto the pitch, I’d be positively thrilled. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

1 win in 8 games...

The gauntlet lowers towards Bruces neck more than ever.

In that case someone should throw down the Sword of Damocles.......??

.........and have the guillotene hanging over his head.........

(mixed metaphor frenzy !)

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone got RDM 's number?

Perhaps this is said in a way that has gone over my head.

I wonder had RDM managed a few more wins than all those draws, should we have fared better under his leadership than what we have under Bruce.

Speculation though, and I don't want to go there anymore than I just did.

Call Ranieri and see if he has any interest in the job.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I wonder had RDM managed a few more wins than all those draws, should we have fared better under his leadership than what we have under Bruce.

Again unpopular opinion, but we played MUCH better football.

He only had 11 games, and let's be real, we jumped from frying pan into fire.

If he had gotten the same resources as Bruce i'm pretty sure we would have been in the Premier League or "thereabouts" a season or 2 ago!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

Ranieri inherited a great team and scout Wrigglesworth and team signed Mahrez for 400k and Kante for 5.6m

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Ranieri inherited a great team and scout Wrigglesworth and team signed Mahrez for 400k and Kante for 5.6m

I have to agree. He just minded that team, encouraged them but didn’t rock the boat. Doing nothing and allowing a good side to just be themselves is sometimes absolutely the right thing to do. Tony Barton did virtually the same same thing. No disrespect, but I can’t see that Tony could have at the time, or Ranieri is able to now, build a side and create a style and identity from the wreckage of what Steve Bruce is going to leave them.

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I think you can say in confidence that our new owners have been in talks with a perspective replacement for  while. 

Unfortunately I’ve seen or heard nothing that suggests that is correct. Here’s hoping though.