New Manager Speculation

maqroll

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

What about getting Martin O'Neill back?

Martin just walks away, so no Thank you, he's like a grown up acting like a child that runs off an leaves his club's if he can't get his own way.

• Like 1

If bruce goes im happy JT having a bash, but its a big job for him and it would take the season fitting a plan in. I do believe terry would be able to keep what bruce has set in place since his time at villa ie the feel good factor, respect, loyalty, wanting to work as a team, maybe he can build on what Steve has failed to set in motion. So long as Terry could bring some passionate, fast paced, flowing football, while doing his best to not compromise our back line, yeah id say I would be happy.

Would much rather have Terry than thierri..

Edited by Dave-R

Not sure what JT’s management philosophy is or even if he wants to be a manager. For many of the reasons people have voiced their opposition to Henri, surely the same and more applies to JT. At least we know TH wants to be a manager/coach. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Not sure what JT’s management philosophy is or even if he wants to be a manager. For many of the reasons people have voiced their opposition to Henri, surely the same and more applies to JT. At least we know TH wants to be a manager/coach. 

Yeah I think at moment the only thing Terry could offer on management side is prob short term boost like a caretaker position

• Like 1

6 hours ago, privateer said:

I know I am something of a minority here but Brendan Bloody Rodgers. :bang: There's just something - actually quite a lot - I just can't abide about the man. From that foetal alcohol syndrome looking face, spouting Brentian Bollocks and cod philosophy, I just have this, very possibly, irrational dislike of him.

Consequently, whenever I see his name put forward I just think, "God no. Not him. There's got to be someone who is as good or better who doesn't irritate the crap out of me and who I can bring myself to watch being interviewed as Villa manager."

? I don't like the look of that Spainsh geezer managing Citeh. Everytime we're linked with him I think God no! Who wants a manager that advocates a footballing philosophy based on attacking by actually keeping possession and pressing. Oh and he's always coaching players. It's perverse.

Either stick with Bruce or get Warnock

1 hour ago, Villastine said:

? I don't like the look of that Spainsh geezer managing Citeh. Everytime we're linked with him I think God no! Who wants a manager that advocates a footballing philosophy based on attacking by actually keeping possession and pressing. Oh and he's always coaching players. It's perverse.

Either stick with Bruce or get Warnock

That isn’t what he said, he even mentioned that he could be being irrational. It’s just largely a personal dislike.

To be fair I’m not a big fan of Rogers myself. Anyone who gets out thought by Tactical Tim in a game as big as the FA Cup semifinal, surely has some limitations. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

What about getting Martin O'Neill back?

I would, he's a manager that can coach a team and get players performing for him.

I know some of the fans don't like him, but let's be honest we are in absolutely no position to be getting picky with people coming in through the door.

It's like if we were offered Delph back on loan this season, some of the fans would hate it but he would improve the midfield ten-fold. 

8 minutes ago, John said:

Warnock and even David Wagner could soon be looking for a new job looking at their recent results.

In 44 games since getting promoted, Huddersfield have won 9 and scored 31 goals.

I appreciate getting them up was a massive achievement, but that's woeful.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've had a lot of notifications off the back of that post!

There's no way I'd have him back.  Not at all.  I just knew you liked him even less than I do.

Guess everyone else wasn't in on the joke!

I was going to make a comment that you were joking but it had gone too far by then 

I'm shocked some people would take him back ?

• Haha 1

Its still arteta for me, i think terry would give us a short term fix and maybe even get us promoted but i would expect arteta to have an identity or philosophy or whatever you want to call ot that would take longer to implement but would yield greater long term success 

And by long term success i mean poached by someone else

As a measuring stick for hpw many shit managers we have had how is that? When was the last time someone took a manager off us? Taylor to england but another club? Cant remember any of them 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

As a measuring stick for hpw many shit managers we have had how is that? When was the last time someone took a manager off us? Taylor to england but another club? Cant remember any of them 

Absolutely nowt that I can remember, even before Taylor.

Another angle is how many managers have left Villa (been fired) to then go massively backwards - Brian Little, John Gregory, Big Ron, O'Leary, Sherwood, Garde, Di Matteo.

There are a few in that list who haven't managed another club since, or certainly not one of any sort of standing.

• Like 1