New Manager Speculation

maqroll

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Links to stramaccioni

Pretty poor record. awful at Udinese and quite average at Inter, Sparta and Panathinaikos

Won zero trophies with 3 of biggest teams in Italy, Czech and Greece

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Pretty poor record. awful at Udinese and quite average at Inter, Sparta and Panathinaikos

Won zero trophies with 3 of biggest teams in Italy, Czech and Greece

I know nothing about him, and not a lot apart from a quick google about most of the lesser known managers I see suggested. However it’s often just the case of a manager clicking with a club. Yes of course due diligence regarding character and the type of football philosophy he has are important, but there’s an element of the “it just works” when making any appointment. After all Ron Saunders was nothing to shout about either before or after he was with us. But boy did he make it work here!

Edited by DaveAV1

30 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Just throwing it out there....a mate said he saw Chris Wilder at the Radisson in town last night....sheff utd don't have a fixture round here this week??????

I've got a mate who works on a few projects at Sheff Utd - says Chris Wilder is v v v pro-English players, to the point of not entertaining the ideas of picking talent from Europe.

Don't think that really fits into the new owner's plans. Could be wrong.

Ambition is what sells a club when trying to convince a higher calibre of manager, player or tea lady to sign. If the owners are looking to pump in ambitious amounts of money once promotion is gained, then I think managers like Rodgers, Howe or a foreign manager like Nuno did at Wolves, would certainly entertain a conversation of dropping down to the championship if there was a long term plan that meant they had a crack at the top 6 of the premier league.

For me, we have that capability, it depends just how much the owners are willing to part with on this project. I didn't blame them at the time for sticking with Bruce, even though I wanted him gone then, I see why they wanted to take stock and patiently build from the bottom up. I would rather they took measured decisions. Only time will tell, but if we are serious about success at the highest level, I do think we can attract a top manager, who is stagnant at their current club due to hitting the limit of that clubs expenditure or pull, will be willing to start from where we are.

Edited by Viloon
  • Like 1

On 24/09/2018 at 10:59, DaveAV1 said:

Sounds over complicated to me. The players just need to get their boots on and get at ‘em. This is The Championship, it’s hard football for hard men. None of your little triangles and one in the hole namby pamby rubbish. Up and at ‘em, up and bloody at ‘em!

If you’re going to get technical, do remember that sleeves need to be rolled up as well! ?

• Haha 2

If ever Brendan Rodgers is going to leave Celtic it is this season. Out of the champions league before it began and lost twice in 6 games this season already. Considering they have lost 4 games in the previous 2 seasons combined and only 12 in the previous 152 games that is about as bad as it gets for them

• Like 1

So the apprentice beats his master 12 games into his fledgling career playing a brand of football only a manager of a certain IQ and mindset can play .... shame us thick fans can’t appreciate what we have....... 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, smg said:

Foreign manager with a long name, must be good sign him up. Doesn’t matter that he has achieved nothing with his previous attempts at management he is our man.

Comes in says he is 'changing the ethos'  - what could go wrong ?    

13 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

If ever Brendan Rodgers is going to leave Celtic it is this season. Out of the champions league before it began and lost twice in 6 games this season already. Considering they have lost 4 games in the previous 2 seasons combined and only 12 in the previous 152 games that is about as bad as it gets for them

Indeed.....mind you, he’s still got a way to go to lose enough to get on our short list...... ?

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

So the apprentice beats his master 12 games into his fledgling career playing a brand of football only a manager of a certain IQ and mindset can play .... shame us thick fans can’t appreciate what we have....... 

who?

1 hour ago, Didiersix said:

OK this is ultra-ambitious. Ridiculously so.

BUT

What about Leonardo Jardim? Could we tempt him with a vision and a plan? 

Much like Rodgers, I think he has taken Monaco as far as he can... and is fed up constantly selling his best players.

While my Villa heart says "yeah he is a realistic target" the realist in me thinks this has to be a fantasy. He's a top top manager and given his record at Monaco he will be looking to move to one of Europe's elite clubs if he walks away from Monaco. 

I put him in the never going to happen pile, alongside Zidane! 

• Like 1