Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

The only thing is I think Bruce prefers a tall CDM.

I really rate Woods but if there is anything going against him it's his height.

Whelan?

If we sign Abraham, I would move Kodjia out wide and play Abraham through the middle, and in that case I'm really not fussed about Bolasie in all honesty.

What news of Targett? I skipped about 30 pages of thread, but they were mentioning him on the radio yesterday?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Dont think he has played all season for Brentford

They know that Ryan Woods is probably going so Brentford are understandably sticking with the players that will still be with them at the close of this transfer window and that currently remain unbeaten in the league. He's a player I had always felt we should sign but he seems to be on his way somewhere else.

I know it's the sun but claims we are close to signing bolaise and Abraham 

My god if we get bith those two our attack will be the best in the league and better than last year!

Fingers crossed. If Abraham goes lets let Hogan leave in loan.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

My god if we get bith those two our attack will be the best in the league and better than last year!

The best part is that it shores up our defence. When Bolasie comes in he'll play on the left with El Ghazi on the right, which will send Elmo back to RB and because Hutton must play he'll be our dedicated LB for the season. These transfers are the missing link..

5 minutes ago, Daweii said:

The best part is that it shores up our defence. When Bolasie comes in he'll play on the left with El Ghazi on the right, which will send Elmo back to RB and because Hutton must play he'll be our dedicated LB for the season. These transfers are the missing link..

Yes i think so. I also swear I read that de laet can play cb? He is quick and not taht short.  Cant be worse than elphick or jedinak?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes i think so. I also swear I read that de laet can play cb? He is quick and not taht short.  Cant be worse than elphick or jedinak?

De Laet can't be any worse than Jedinak in the CB role so that could be an option if needed. 

I think we should move the John Terry thread back into the main forum with the tag speculation...

Just because it might get the wheels in motion, subliminal messages and all that. I’m sure the Villa hierarchy reads these pages.

Edited by Tommo_b

14 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I find it hilarious that the Bristol City /Derby county forums are pretty much seething at our transfers, wishing that we make a mess of things.. 

/

Apparently Bruce is not interested in signing a CB.

If this is the case i hope the backroom staff will work on the positioning of our back four. It appears that Bruce is aware that we are going to concede a lot this season so he is ensuring that we score more than we concede.

Bristol City fans are so salty. Why are they obsessed with us, is it because we beat them 5-0 and embarrassed their midget manager?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Bristol City fans are so salty. Why are they obsessed with us, is it because we beat them 5-0 and embarrassed their midget manager?

Maybe because we have a lot of their old players in our squad or nearing our squad. Sprinkle some salt on em.

• Like 1

If we're running out of loans I would go for a free transfer option at CB. I know people have mentioned Diego Reyes and Robert Huth, and I've also seen that Serdar Tasci is out of contract, who is meant to be good. I just think we are better using the loan window to sign a striker as the quality of ST currently out of contract is pretty poor, whereas we could always pick up an experienced CB if needed after the loan window shuts.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we're running out of loans I would go for a free transfer option at CB. I know people have mentioned Diego Reyes and Robert Huth, and I've also seen that Serdar Tasci is out of contract, who is meant to be good. I just think we are better using the loan window to sign a striker as the quality of ST currently out of contract is pretty poor, whereas we could always pick up an experienced CB if needed after the loan window shuts.

Good player tasci is. I mentioned him on this thread yesterday too on a free. Him or Diego Reyes is no brainier. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

Our manager is the missing link. His face gives it away.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

And the worst defence. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Envy I suppose? Much like a few other sad little clubs they sem to latch onto us and think we are "rivals" now. For us its just another team to try and hopefully beat, for them it seems to be important somehow. I couldnt tell you what players they have brought in over the summer, yet they seem obsessed with ours.

Weirdos.

I see Pontus Jansson has been warming the bench at Leeds so far this season. We could use a central defender like him. I know Leeds are unlikely to want to help a promotion rival but how about a cheeky loan enquiry for him and even for their young left back Tom Pearce who has been sitting on their bench alongside him since they signed Barry Douglas? You don't know for sure unless you ask...;)   

Â