Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

20 hours ago, hooter said:

Jansson was at the world cup so only arrived back a week or so before the season started, just as he got match fit he picked up a slight back injury, hopefully he'll be back either Saturday or Tuesday.

It has been revealed this week that we have turned down a bid of £10 million for him from some Russian outfit, so I don't think he'll be loaned out.

Pearce is reserve to Douglas, Bielsa has said he wants a trim squad with 2 players for each position, again, you can ask as nicely as you like, but I think the answer will be no.

Can I interest you in Vurnon Anita ? Or if you are short a coward in midfield, Eunan O'Kane, they are both available to loan...?

Well so that we’re not guilty of taking with no giving, we have this fella called Micah......

This is where we need JT to step in. Chelsea are preparing to let Cahill to go to Galatasaray  on Loan. 

JT   let Cahill go to Villa. And Chelsea pick up a big portion of his wedge.

Chelsea   why?

JT  if Villa don't go up, you get first dibs on Grealish.

Chelsea   Ah good point.

One loan signimg left and 3 positions that need work. Whats more important left back, centre back or forward?

Personally cb is strongest here, if Jedi is now first choice. 

I think the best signing we could make would be targett.

Just now, praisedmambo said:

Striker because we basically have one and he's just come back from being injured for about a year. It's so obvious that's where we need the loan to go!

I could live with that as there is a good argument 

18 minutes ago, Nigel said:

One loan signimg left and 3 positions that need work. Whats more important left back, centre back or forward?

Personally cb is strongest here, if Jedi is now first choice. 

I think the best signing we could make would be targett.

All of them. :D

Huth on a free is a no-brainer for me, provided we can satisfy FFP ?

Reading back through thread, if we brought in Cahill that would be crazy. I think there would be a group seizure in Bristol 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

My major concern still is if Kodjia gets injured, as Bruce can't get anything out of Hogan and I doubt that Davis or RHM are ready to get us the goals we need to go up. LB is important but I wonder if Tuanzebe or Elmo could play there, all be it not as effectively as Targett would.

I guess if Bruce has confirmed his interest in Abraham there must be a desire from him to get another striker in.

• Like 1

Perhaps with the new players in and the transformed way of playing we now have (based on 70 mins earlier in the week) then maybe we can get a bit more use out of Hogan?

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

My major concern still is if Kodjia gets injured, as Bruce can't get anything out of Hogan and I doubt that Davis or RHM are ready to get us the goals we need to go up. LB is important but I wonder if Tuanzebe or Elmo could play there, all be it not as effectively as Targett would.

I guess if Bruce has confirmed his interest in Abraham there must be a desire from him to get another striker in.

It's a good point. I suppose we have to think of all eventualities rather than simply who can improve the first team.

• Like 1

As good as Bolasie was (is?) his signing tells me that:

Bruce is still not going to have us playing football, but rely on someone pulling something out of the bag

He is bringing in what’s available, not what he needs

Finally, my biggest fear is where has our FFP black hole gone?   We are bringing in more players without getting rid of the baggage, surely that means it is getting worse or are we conveniently sticking our heads in the sand again?

Â