Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

As good as Bolasie was (is?) his signing tells me that:

Bruce is still not going to have us playing football, but rely on someone pulling something out of the bag

He is bringing in what’s available, not what he needs

Finally, my biggest fear is where has our FFP black hole gone?   We are bringing in more players without getting rid of the baggage, surely that means it is getting worse or are we conveniently sticking our heads in the sand again?

I’ve been thinking the very same thing. It can’t have just disappeared. More than a little nervous about that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

I’ve been thinking the very same thing. It can’t have just disappeared. More than a little nervous about that.

We have the third richest owners in British football.  I suspect they know how to get around FFP either within the rules or not (and if the latter I suspect that they will have calculated the risk / fines involved and factored that into their thinking).  The worry is more about them getting bored messing around in the lower leagues and taking their money elsewhere.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, macandally said:

As good as Bolasie was (is?) his signing tells me that:

Bruce is still not going to have us playing football, but rely on someone pulling something out of the bag

He is bringing in what’s available, not what he needs

Finally, my biggest fear is where has our FFP black hole gone?   We are bringing in more players without getting rid of the baggage, surely that means it is getting worse or are we conveniently sticking our heads in the sand again?

Muchos confirmation biases?

10 minutes ago, allani said:

We have the third richest owners in British football.  I suspect they know how to get around FFP either within the rules or not (and if the latter I suspect that they will have calculated the risk / fines involved and factored that into their thinking).  The worry is more about them getting bored messing around in the lower leagues and taking their money elsewhere.

I wonder did they calculate a possible point reduction. That was mentioned at one point too...

34 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

I wonder did they calculate a possible point reduction. That was mentioned at one point too...

Well they aren’t stupid so I imagine all angles are covered so let’s just put faith in some of the richest people in football. 

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

One loan signimg left and 3 positions that need work. Whats more important left back, centre back or forward?

Personally cb is strongest here, if Jedi is now first choice. 

I think the best signing we could make would be targett.

CB or LB fo me over a striker. 

Although if Bunn was to sit on the bench we could accommodate 2 more loanees

• Like 3

I think we need a cb, we could get away without a striker or LB until January, but for now the important thing is to get a cb I guess.

I also think we will need to change our formation with Bolasie and El Ghazi, we can’t go to games with 3 or 5 at the back.

5 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

It'll only be 12 point reduction and we gonna win league by about 30 so it doesn't worry me. 

Ok I like your optimism. Still a little worried about it being in the background!

10 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

James Collins is out of contract too. Would be perfect for us

He was an ok defender but he was a jerk when Houllier was manager and actually wanted them to train. I’d rather not get any potential bad apples back.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

Â