Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 minute ago, avfcwills10 said:

No, because even if it’s loan to buy it’s still technically a loan untill it’s made permanent. We messed up bad loaning a keeper, if we’d just kept Steer we would be able to loan a left back and striker without any headache ?!

But we can use bunn on bench some weeks as opposed to moreia

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Is the loop hole that if it's a loan with a view to buy permanently it's not classed as a loan? so ghazi and moreira don't count....

No, it would still be a loan

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Alan Nixon just said on Twitter that foreign loans don’t count ??? but I don’t think that’s correct.

“After Watford signed 10 players on loan from Udinese back in 2012 – and 14 loans in total – all EFL clubs agreed to change the regulations in international loans.

The limit on overseas temporary deals in now four."

15 hours ago, striker said:

Ryan Woods at Brentford available for 7m. No brainer that one for me.

Exactly what Villa need. Youthful legs in front of back four instead of Whelan and Jedinak and very good technically.

Absolutely...been saying this for two years...this lad can play and would bring the gaps in the midfield closer to the forwards....have we got 7m though 

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I read somewhere that Bruce referred to Bolasie as "the icing on the cake", which concerns me a bit as it sounds like that's it for signings. Fingers crossed I'm reading too much in to it.

No, I think we are fine. If he'd said "the mayo on the salad on the chilli on the kebab meat in the naan bread, with chips and can of drink" then I'd be worried we are done this window.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Nixon is wrong 

You shock me. 

Loans in accordance with the EFL guidance: 

Section 1 - General

Regulation 1.1 Definitions:

‘Temporary Loan Transfer’ means a Standard Loan or International Loan, but excludes any Emergency Goalkeeper Loan completed in accordance with Regulation 57.

Section 5 - Fixtures

List of Players to be handed to Referee. A representative of each Club must hand copies of a list of names of Players taking part in the game (including the name of the nominated substitute or substitutes) (‘Team Sheet’) to the Referee and a representative of the opponents in the presence of the Referee in the Referee’s dressing room at least 75 (seventy five) minutes before the advertised time of kick-off. The Team Sheet shall indicate the full names of Players and shall indicate the colour of the Goalkeeper’s shirt. Neither Club shall publish the teams or otherwise provide details of the teams to any third party (other than League appointed broadcast partners) until 60 (sixty) minutes before the advertised time of kick-off.

Section 6 - Players

Regulation 54

Temporary Loan Transfers

The following restrictions shall apply to Temporary Loan Transfers:

A maximum of 5 Players registered on a Temporary Loan Transfer can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This maximum shall reduce to 4 Players where a Club names a Player on the team sheet who is registered on an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan;

No Club may sign more than 4 Players on a Temporary Loan Transfer from another Club (or club) in any Season, of which no more than 2 Players may be over the age of 23. The deadline for determining a Player’s age in this respect shall be as at the 30th June prior to the Season in which the Temporary Loan Transfer is intended to take place. Any Temporary Loan Transfer which subsequently becomes a permanent transfer shall not count against a Club’s quota of such Temporary Loan Transfers for that Season;

So in short, you can loan as many players as you want BUT a maximum of 4 from 1 club (and only 2 over 23) and you can only name 5 in your match day squad (so including subs). This rule I think is because of the Watford/Udinese issue. Also if we convert them to permanent deals in January then they won't count as part of the 5 after that.

Think that's it? 

So at Villa we have: 

Moreira, El Ghazi and Tuanzebe currently on loan. We are expecting Bolasie so we can loan 1 more and have all of them in the squad. We can loan more, but we can't use them all.

• Like 1

The most important question... 

After we bring in Bolasie and Targett...  Would we still be able to loan Januzaj????  Can someone clarify this for me??? 

Edited by KMitch

Villa and Albion linked with Rangers target Worrall

Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion are reportedly in the race to sign defender Joe Worrall from Nottingham Forest.

Worrall, an England under-21 international has slipped to fifth choice among Aitor Karanka’s centre-halves and Forest are prepared to offload him.

The Daily Record reports that Forest are willing to loan out both Worrall and Ben Bereton this month ahead of expected permanent deals next year as they look to recoup funds after spending over £20million on 11 new players this summer.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-villa-wednesday-15061982

1 hour ago, Bazmonkey said:

Absolutely...been saying this for two years...this lad can play and would bring the gaps in the midfield closer to the forwards....have we got 7m though 

We’ve got the 6m we had ear marked for Bryan

Â