Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Honestly think a 38 y.o need more than decent shape to be able to manage a 46 (or 40 something pending when he signs) game season.

Unless he's been truly dedicated with his agility and cardio a think he might struggle and pick up injury after injury.

Wasn't his ability to play a 40+ game season last year after bench warming for Chelsea for a season a massive question mark? If he's willing to take a pay cut then it's a no brainer for me. He's a very fit guy and his defensive nouse is worth 3 Elphicks and 2 Tuanzebe's alone. Get him in ffs!

40 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Bolasie, Abraham and Targett with Terry coming back on a free and it's the perfect window!

Has there been anything about Terry coming back? 

I hope not, never wanted him here in the first place. Racist clearing in the woods.

Just now, Hoof hearted said:

Wasn't his ability to play a 40+ game season last year after bench warming for Chelsea for a season a massive question mark? If he's willing to take a pay cut then it's a no brainer for me. He's a very fit guy and his defensive nouse is worth 3 Elphicks and 2 Tuanzebe's alone. Get him in ffs!

It sure was, and he didn't.

Form went down hill at the second half of the season and the injury surely didn't help.

I just hate for him to come here, play well, pick up a small injury, come back, play a few games not quite fit and get another niggling injury and repeat...

All I was saying is that there would be a gamble.

A fit Terry available for 40 games would no doubt be a good addition to the squad.

• Like 2

I would have Terry back without a doubt. Granted He is not up to the pace of the PL anymore, but if we can get 30+ games out of him depending on the opposition then it is a no brainer for me. His influence within the dressing room, and with the youngsters is priceless. 

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

It sure was, and he didn't.

Form went down hill at the second half of the season and the injury surely didn't help.

I just hate for him to come here, play well, pick up a small injury, come back, play a few games not quite fit and get another niggling injury and repeat...

All I was saying is that there would be a gamble.

A fit Terry available for 40 games would no doubt be a good addition to the squad.

Totally agree fella, just think him being in and around the club is worth the wages alone, if we're going to continually throw money at useless words removed then its a no brainer. 

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Which could be a good thing, right? He's done well there before.

Absolutely - better position for him in my opinion. My point being however that you’d have Kodjia left Anwar right with a green and Adomah backing up. I can only see Bolasie if we’re potentially losing Adomah maybe? 

Ryan Woods at Brentford available for 7m. No brainer that one for me.

Exactly what Villa need. Youthful legs in front of back four instead of Whelan and Jedinak and very good technically.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Absolutely - better position for him in my opinion. My point being however that you’d have Kodjia left Anwar right with a green and Adomah backing up. I can only see Bolasie if we’re potentially losing Adomah maybe? 

Yeah, too many wingers if we bring in Bolasie as well.

46 minutes ago, striker said:

Exactly what Villa need. Youthful legs in front of back four instead of Whelan and Jedinak and very good technically.

I drink with his uncle occasionally near Walsall. We were interested before he signed for Brentford actually, but don’t think we put in an actual offer. He’s from he area, nice balanced lad and would sign for Villa in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, striker said:

Dream signing 

Â