Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

Come on Villa.

Make a last minute swoop for Saman Ghoddos.

He still hasn't signed for Amiens or Huesca, something is stalling.

A loan fee and a transfer in January.

Make it happen!

Edit: Never mind, off to Amiens now.

Edited by sne

I find it hilarious that the Bristol City /Derby county forums are pretty much seething at our transfers, wishing that we make a mess of things.. 

/

Apparently Bruce is not interested in signing a CB.

If this is the case i hope the backroom staff will work on the positioning of our back four. It appears that Bruce is aware that we are going to concede a lot this season so he is ensuring that we score more than we concede.

3 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

46718124_ScreenShot2018-08-23at18_55_40.png.76af345c646ce7c71f375754a9b520e5.png

Seems like a well established account.  Goes on to say ESPN reported this 30 mins ago (assume a report further to the one they put up the other day initially reporting the interest).

He’s really good... this is very exciting. Just for fun, here are his 26 goals for Bristol City:

• Like 1

Does anybody know anything about Joe Worrall the CB at Forrest with whom we’re linked? 

The mighty Belper News has linked us!

https://www.belpernews.co.uk/sport/football/championship-live-chase-for-nottingham-forest-defender-hots-up-everton-midfielder-to-join-aston-villa-middlesbrough-qpr-and-bristol-city-strengthen-1-9316480

Rangers, Aston Villa and West Brom are said to be in the race to sign Nottingham Forest defender Joe Worrall.
The England under-21 international has fallen down the pecking order at the City Ground after a number of new arrivals in Aitor Karanka's squad over the summer.

7 hours ago, Bazmonkey said:

Absolutely...been saying this for two years...this lad can play and would bring the gaps in the midfield closer to the forwards....have we got 7m though 

Would hope so. Maybe Bruce had a quiet word last night?

54 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Does anybody know anything about Joe Worrall the CB at Forrest with whom we’re linked? 

The mighty Belper News has linked us!

https://www.belpernews.co.uk/sport/football/championship-live-chase-for-nottingham-forest-defender-hots-up-everton-midfielder-to-join-aston-villa-middlesbrough-qpr-and-bristol-city-strengthen-1-9316480

I wonder worrall it take to sign him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I find it hilarious that the Bristol City /Derby county forums are pretty much seething at our transfers, wishing that we make a mess of things.. 

A bit like Villa fans (and others) re: Wolves last year...

It's legal, theyll learn to get over it

Edited by StewieGriffin

Just now, StewieGriffin said:

A bit like Villa fans (and others) and Wolves' transfers last year...

It's legal, get over it

Yeah!

And if we are about to go into administration again we just get new owners in.

Simples!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

A bit like Villa fans (and others) re: Wolves last year...

It's legal, theyll learn to get over it

It's a fair concern though. We are in the shit with FFP and yet continue to sign players. Hopefully the owners have a plan, but then QPR fans probably thought/hoped that their owners had a plan. 

I can certainly understand why fans of other clubs are a bit miffed. 

Just now, TheAuthority said:

The only thing is I think Bruce prefers a tall CDM.

I really rate Woods but if there is anything going against him it's his height.

Whelan isn't particularly tall though, and he did have a ball playing DM at Hull (Huddlestone). 

I think tbe reliance on Jedinak is probably driven by the fact that we have relatively small center halves. Get a big unit at CB and a ball playing DM would make more sence. 

26 minutes ago, av1 said:

I can certainly understand why fans of other clubs are a bit miffed. 

I would far rather they be miffed by us than be laughing at our plight. Miff away everyone it didn't have much impact on Wolves and if they could take it on the way up so can we. ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

The only thing is I think Bruce prefers a tall CDM.

I really rate Woods but if there is anything going against him it's his height.

Saw Phillip billing (Huddersfield) play twice live last season love see try get him on loan and tall enough for Steve Bruce to like :)

billing is good player

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Â