Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

The fact Boro were odds on to sign Bolasie and this Dutch winger signing came out of nowhere gives me a lot of encouragement that a lot of work is going on behind the scenes and our squad will be complete by the end of next week. 

No cryptic tweets, no Ceo who’s phone is apparently ringing all day. No bloody Alexa!

Somebody is doing smart business behind the scenes along with the manager. No idea who. But s**t will get done.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, penguin said:

Just seen 6 ft 8 strike Lacina Traroe is a free agent. Surprised Bruce hasn’t driven him to Villa Park himself.

Nope!! He's only scored 8 goals since left Everton in 2014 which is a shame as was highly rated one point

12 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

Not sure why we need Bolasie - I’d rather see Green get game time . . . 

Also you’d think Kodjia would potentially be pushed out to the left if Abraham signs. 

still want that after last night?  

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I read somewhere that Bruce referred to Bolasie as "the icing on the cake", which concerns me a bit as it sounds like that's it for signings. Fingers crossed I'm reading too much in to it.

You forgot the cherry on top 

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I read somewhere that Bruce referred to Bolasie as "the icing on the cake", which concerns me a bit as it sounds like that's it for signings. Fingers crossed I'm reading too much in to it.

He was a defender himself, so surely he can’t have not noticed we need a CB so badly!? I really hope we get one, even a free transfer with a load of miles on the clock, could make all the difference in Feb/March/April when it gets to squeaky bum time.

16 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He was a defender himself, so surely he can’t have not noticed we need a CB so badly!? I really hope we get one, even a free transfer with a load of miles on the clock, could make all the difference in Feb/March/April when it gets to squeaky bum time.

Isn’t gonna happen mate. Bruce confirmed he sees Jedi as CB and that he will get better with games. 

2 more after Bolassie, not including, I hope. Striker and LB I presume. Definitely need to abandon the Jedinak experiment. Get a new CB or at least play Tuanzebe there. Or both.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

2 more after Bolassie, not including, I hope. Striker and LB I presume. Definitely need to abandon the Jedinak experiment. Get a new CB or at least play Tuanzebe there. Or both.

Not sure of we can get two more? 

We ave moreira, tuanzebe, el ghazi, bolaise (assuming goes through) Abraham (again same) thats 5 and only allowed 5 in one squad.  So I'm hoping it might be the latter ans a free signing (praying its terry)

We desperately crave a CB and a LB.

It's really nice to get new and better wide options in, and a striker would also be nice even thou Kodija has 3 in 2 now.

But unless we get a CB and LB in it will continue to cost us points, again and again and again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

We need a striker as I can't imagine Hogan and Davis will provide us with the goals we need to go up if Kodjia is injured. More important than a CB for me.

Mentioned in another thread but I think potentially Green could do a job as emergency striker.

Yes I know he had a horrid game last night...

I'm sure we will bring in a cb but I'll be surprised if he's first choice. Like it or not I think Bruce has his eyes on the jedinak project.

Targett is the big one for me. Need to get some balance back. Last year was fine with Hutton but it's looking disjointed now.

...and please Bruce use a right back!

• Like 1

I think people are forgetting that we can only have 5 loans in the squad at one time. After Bolasie, that puts us on 4 loan. Which means realistically we can only get one more, unless Moreira is completely taken out the squad and we use Bunn on the bench ??‍♂️? I just can’t see it though. Think after Bolasie it’s got to be one more logically? Even though we do desperately need a defender. Tough one. 

34 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I'm sure we will bring in a cb but I'll be surprised if he's first choice. Like it or not I think Bruce has his eyes on the jedinak project.

Targett is the big one for me. Need to get some balance back. Last year was fine with Hutton but it's looking disjointed now.

...and please Bruce use a right back!

He is, he is using one at left back and one at right wing, but unfortunately not one at right back ?

Â