Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

9 hours ago, av1 said:

Given that we are pretty desperate for a CB and a striker, and the fact we can only have 1 more loan in the match day squad, i think we need to be looking to sign Terry for 12 months. 

Maybe Bruce is deliberately leaving the CB until we have used all our loans up so it will help convince the owners to sign Terry? The fact Terry hasn't joined anyone at this late stage adds fuel to the fire . 

I find it very odd that an ex defender, who builds squads from the back doesn't seem too bothered about our defensive frailties. Only time will tell I guess. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

Lansbury & Hogan for Powell?

We'll have to pay a large part of their wages and it won't be good for FFP.

But it might be a useful swap for both clubs on the field.

I know, I know, won't happen. 

5 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Is Gary Cahill out of favour for Chelsea and England now? If so, would there be any chance of bringing him back on loan for a season, maybe paying half his wages?

Rumor is they are looking to loan him out, Turkey has been mentioned.

Would love to have him back for the season thou

12 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Is Gary Cahill out of favour for Chelsea and England now? If so, would there be any chance of bringing him back on loan for a season, maybe paying half his wages?

A word in his ear please JT. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villanmac said:

Still clinging onto the hope that two 46 game campaigns in a row is too much for  Terry so we've told him to have a proper rest over the summer and we'll pick you up in September/October...

I was told this last week (same person who said a takeover was on, when it was reported off)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, av1 said:

i think we need to be looking to sign Terry for 12 months. Not only because of his experience but it also allows for that extra body. 

Why waste 3 months pay? Season finishes in May. 9 months would cover it rather than 12, save over a million quid.

• Like 1

Barring injury i don't see any of Bruces outfield loan signings being left out of the match day squad, so i guess there are 2 possible outcomes for the remainder of the loan window.

1) We bring in one more player. Whilst I'm not a huge fan of any of our strikers i believe we are better off scrapping through to January with what we have, rather than trying to scrape though with our defence. We are literally one injury away from seeing Elphick and Jedinak as our main CB pairing. 

In this scenario i think the one spot remaining needs to be a CB. 

2) This would be my preferred choice. Promote Bunn to the bench and Drop the young keeper down to the U23's for season (Bruce has already described him as being 'one for the future'.

This would allow us to bring in both a CB and a CF. Hopefully this is the way we go. 

Of course there is also the 3rd scenario of no further additions, but that doesn't bare contemplating. 

26 minutes ago, thabucks said:

McCormack and/or Lansbury swop for Powell wound be a dream scenario... Throw in Tish & Richards as a sweetener ... job done ! If only transfers were that easy. 

You seem to be forgetting the fact that Wigan have a manager that knows what he's doing ?

2 hours ago, av1 said:

Barring injury i don't see any of Bruces outfield loan signings being left out of the match day squad, so i guess there are 2 possible outcomes for the remainder of the loan window.

1) We bring in one more player. Whilst I'm not a huge fan of any of our strikers i believe we are better off scrapping through to January with what we have, rather than trying to scrape though with our defence. We are literally one injury away from seeing Elphick and Jedinak as our main CB pairing. 

In this scenario i think the one spot remaining needs to be a CB. 

2) This would be my preferred choice. Promote Bunn to the bench and Drop the young keeper down to the U23's for season (Bruce has already described him as being 'one for the future'.

This would allow us to bring in both a CB and a CF. Hopefully this is the way we go. 

Of course there is also the 3rd scenario of no further additions, but that doesn't bare contemplating. 

4th option: we could sign one or more of the perfectly reasonable cbs currently available on a free and still use loans for other positions.

Â