Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

50 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

You shock me. 

Loans in accordance with the EFL guidance: 

Section 1 - General

Section 5 - Fixtures

Section 6 - Players

So in short, you can loan as many players as you want BUT a maximum of 4 from 1 club (and only 2 over 23) and you can only name 5 in your match day squad (so including subs). This rule I think is because of the Watford/Udinese issue. Also if we convert them to permanent deals in January then they won't count as part of the 5 after that.

Think that's it? 

So at Villa we have: 

Moreira, El Ghazi and Tuanzebe currently on loan. We are expecting Bolasie so we can loan 1 more and have all of them in the squad. We can loan more, but we can't use them all.

So basically what I said :mrgreen:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, av1 said:

Ryan woods apparently off to stoke according to TS

As good a signing as he would be I don't think we need him at the moment, with McGinn, Grealish and Whelan looking good. Plus we have Bjarnason, Doyle-Hayes, Jedinak, Lansbury and Hourihane as other CM options.

Shame though, would be a very good option to have.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

I see James Collins won't have his contract renewed at West Ham. Surely he must be a good option at CB...

Likes a few cans of cider based on the rumours about his time here. 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

But then after he left us, he was a starter at West Ham for a number of years until recently, so his drinking can't have been that bad.

I'd 100% take him here. He'd be our best partner for Chester, providing he didn't want silly wages and a 3-year deal.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Wasn't there an indident where he kicked in a glass door at a night club. I don't care how many times he played for Wet Spam after leaving us, I don't want anyone who has even a whiff of trouble. 

The way he and Dunne acted out when Houllier tried to change the culture and professionalism at the club was just pathetic.

Wouldn't take Collins back even if he wasn't crap.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Apparently Bruce isn't looking to bring in a CB. I think this is madness and may well cost us come the end of the season. 

Definitely. Would have been number one priority for me. Imagine if Chester gets injured - Jedinak and Elphick as our CB pairing. Suicidal. 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Definitely. Would have been number one priority for me. Imagine if Chester gets injured - Jedinak and Elphick as our CB pairing. Suicidal. 

That's the big worry and I could see that happening.  Hell if rather have samba than those two at cb

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Agreed. I just wonder if the long term plan is to play Axel at CB? After losing Snodgrass we have been a bit light for wingers. Maybe once he has his wingers, and his LB that he seems to be chasing, that would allow Elmo/Hutton to compete for the RB postion and allow Axel to move into CB?

Â