Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

2 minutes ago, paul1984 said:

No winger? We only have a couple

Elmo can also play in a more advanced role. All too often last season the opposition targeted Taylor and although Hutton is capable at left back I think the team is more balanced by having a natural left footer in that position.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Went to Wigan i think.

No Maddison is still here - in Peterborough that is. Supposedly talking to two Championship clubs who have triggered his release clause with Villa being talked about as one of those over here. Definitely worth a punt !!!

Edited by Paul33

Marcus Maddison would be a welcome addition if we can't get Snoddy back. He's an assist machine and scores. Surprised he's still in League 1 given his consistency in stats. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, paul1984 said:

You aren't more worried about left back and wing than centre back?

I’m concerned, but the spine of a team is always the most important, particularly scoring goals. We can have plenty of wingers, but someone needs to convert chances. We have two players who can play left back. At center half I thought we were light last year, but JT papered over the cracks. Whilst I rate Chester, I’m not sure he is a, “thou shall not pass” type of cb and Tuanzebe didn’t rip up trees last season. He’s young and could do with time to develop. Center half is definitely a position where experience is important. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I still don't think we have a string enough squad as it stands. Our defence still needs work as does our wing positions 

Window for loans doesn't end for another three weeks. This portion of the window is for purchases. We have a while to get the rest of the squad sorted, it's going to be okay. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Window for loans doesn't end for another three weeks. This portion of the window is for purchases. We have a while to get the rest of the squad sorted, it's going to be okay. 

Yeah valid point. If you think about it we probably spent just over the fee we got for traore with mcginn and nyland

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Omg there’s a really a player named Max Power!!  ? 

Yep, used play for Tranmere and now at Wigan!! His actual footballing ability doesn't reflect his full name :)

Edited by Villan4Life

Â