Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

22 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Would Nmecha be one of the 3 booked medicals though? Villa Transfers said Tuanzebe didn't undergo a full medical due to him being a loan, so surely Nmecha would be the same no?

Tuanzebe would have had a medical last year so no need to have one again really.

Mcginn is a bargain at 3 million or so, Would be surprised if he picked us over Celtic/Brighton but you never know i guess

'McGinn better than £25m Grealish' - analysis

Former Dundee United manager and Scotland assistant Peter Houston on Sportsound

Celtic have got to be careful that they don't lose him to England. If it's £3m they've got to pay, he's worth that in this market.

The lad Jack Grealish at Aston Villa is maybe going to Tottenham for £25m but McGinn is a better player in my opinion as a modern-day midfielder. Celtic should bite the hand off Hibs to get him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45077734

50 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Tuanzebe would have had a medical last year so no need to have one again really.

Makes sense. ?

Altho the way VT replied it does insinuate that loan signings are done at Bodymoor...

Probably me over thinking it... I'm just  greedy for more signings!!!

0091C336-4E0A-4D8B-84F3-31BFBCFADB42.jpeg

Edited by GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS

8 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If it is only £3m it will be a serious bargain. I'd be expecting closer to £7-8m. He isn't better than Jack but if playing a midfield 3 then he is good enough for the premier league.

Apparently 4 million has been agreed, Still think he'll go to Celtic if they match the bid though

Curious we seem to be looking for players on the cheap that are highly rated. That's how clubs make profit on eventual player sales.. Hmm, it seems like Villa is being run by people that understand how to make money. 

I wouldn't like to see Grealish go ideally as I like the lad, but if we sell him for £25-30m and replace him with a £3-4m player that is said to be "as good" then that's amazing business. 

It does appear that we are spending the grealish money ahead of a bid on Thursday, Presuming he goes & we end up with Bryan, Mcginn, Nmecha on loan & a couple of others coming in + an extra 15 million or so in the bank it would seem to be a good window all round, Strengthening in multiple positions and making us far less reliant on one or two players to try and make an impact

Edited by LakotaDakota

If we sign John McGinn from Hibs for around £5mil then My club St Mirren receive 30% it due to sell on clause inserted when moved to Hibs which will go long way to player recruitment in future :)

Borh his older brothers play for the club at moment Stephen and Paul McGinn.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

If we sign John McGinn from Hibs for around £5mil then My club St Mirren receive 20% if it due to sell on clause inserted when moved to Hibs which will go long way to player recruitment in future :)

Borh his older brothers play for the club at moment Stephen and Paul McGinn.

What type of player is he? I guess this rules out Ryan Woods who was on the pricier side. 

8 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

What type of player is he? I guess this rules out Ryan Woods who was on the pricier side. 

Funny enough mate I have not seen him play myself but hear from people that he is the bees knees so time will tell. Brighton and Celtic have wanted him for a while but it looks like us that have put the bid in.

know he is rated one of the best players Scotland have had for years.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Good read on Hibs fans opinions on him

Thanks for that. It seems he is their Jack and Celtic are trying to do to them what Spurs have been trying to do to us over the fee. There was a time when successful teams needed a Scot in their midfield to make it tick. We signed Des Bremner from them if he does half as well with us and brings us anywhere near the sort of success this could be some deal if we can get it over the line.

All sounds promising: Goalies and Tzube already here, Bryan, McGinn, Powell, Nmecha being considered.

Imagine if we signed Abraham as well. Nice guile and pace added there.

Not sure I understand how FFP works, but please sell Grealish as a 25 y.o., not a 22 y.o. Would happily see Whelan and Jedi sacrificed, even Kodjia on last nights performance.

Mcginn? Keep hearing his name but how good is he? What is he a attacking midfielder or dm?

I think with this and Bryan it confirms to me grealish is off and we are using some of that money to being other players in.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Levy can offer £100 mill on Friday if he wants. 

Spurs have a big stadium to pay for it’s why levy is notoriously tight. Sometimes being frugal can cost more, as is the case here. I just hope he’s too frugal full stop. 

48 minutes ago, jim said:

Is that you Julie?

I’ve been rumbled 

41 minutes ago, John said:

Southgate needs to keep his nose out of this. You would think he had never played for us before he chose to leave us for the big time and the bright lights of Middlesbrough...

In fairness he told him that pre World Cup. I’m told Southgate called all players that weren’t in the squad but we’re in his thoughts and told them what they needed to do for 2020. 

Look at where we are/were several weeks back. 

Â