Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mcginn? Keep hearing his name but how good is he? What is he a attacking midfielder or dm?

I think with this and Bryan it confirms to me grealish is off and we are using some of that money to being other players in.

McGinn is old fashioned Box to Box type of player more hustle and bustle chasing after every ball.

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

He has pace. giphy.gif

Yeh that’s what I’m talking about! Someone that can accelerate away from players. Turn of pace. Jack seems to be in the only player we have that can do that. 

Just googled this guy and he seems highly rated. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Considering what the celtics fans are saying about him he seems like the real deal. I must confess I know nothing more than that though, but if we're buying cheap for potential quality then holy shit it really looks like we're approaching the recruitment at the club differently and that can only be positive.

Best case scenario would be to keep onto Grealish too if I'm being greedy.

• Like 1

I saw a gif on a St Mirren forum other day of McGinn at Hibs hustling this player with the ball for around a 45secs to minute chasing after him right behind him, bullying him into making a mistake that the player ended up knocking the ball out of play as lost concentration. The energy level's of McGinn is incredible

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

£15m, bloody hell calm down. That is what got us into this mess. £15m for someone with a year's championship under his belt. 

He's alright not worth £15mil. Much better strikers around than Bowen for a fraction of that as well. Seems lots of people over-rate him.

Talking to some Scottish pals and it seems McGinn is all the rage. They’re all genuinely convinced he’s going to go on to be a massive PL players. Snap him up I say. Worth a punt at £4m in a market where £12m in the championship gets you Ross McGategate. 

I'm sure something will be going on but not seen any speculation to a wide player yet. 

Bruce seems to have decided that Adomah and Green can only play on the left wing for some reason. 

I know Elmo scored last night but he is never a winger/wide forward in that formation. He's a bleeding right back. No where near the amount of penetration you need from that position. The fact we started him there for the first 5 games before Snoddy joined was a big reason we made such a crap start in my opinion. 

To be clear I like the guy but as a defender not one of our attacking options. 

Edited by villaglint

20 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I'm sure something will be going on but not seen any speculation to a wide player yet. 

Bruce seems to have decided that Adomah and Green can only play on the left wing for some reason. 

I know Elmo scored last night but he is never a winger/wide forward in that formation. He's a bleeding right back. No where near the amount of penetration you need from that position. The fact we started him there for the first 5 games before Snoddy joined was a big reason we made such a crap start in my opinion. 

To be clear I like the guy but as a defender not one of our attacking options. 

Nmecha is meant to be capable of playing out wide as well as centre forward, could be the next Gabby Agbonlahor.

Â