Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Took Tammy out of the final though I thought Tammy was a lazy runner. First goal was Keogh's fault and second keepers but also Keogh side 

I would say that's kind to Tomori and harsh on Keogh. Tomori got dragged right out to the wing when he really didn't need to be and left the space in the middle for El Ghazi to eventually make a move into. Keogh was ultimately left to man the centre half position by himself.

40 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I would say that's kind to Tomori and harsh on Keogh. Tomori got dragged right out to the wing when he really didn't need to be and left the space in the middle for El Ghazi to eventually make a move into. Keogh was ultimately left to man the centre half position by himself.

I thought from memory Tomori had to go because Ashley Cole had been caught out of position - the two full backs were more at fault than the CBs I thought. 

• Like 3

Ashley Cole had to go out to cover Adomah, Tomori then had to cover Elmo. The cross was always coming in.

In anticipation of a Kenneth Williams jpeg... It was Bogle's fault for letting El Ghazi get inside him...

But once McGinn had shielded the ball with his body and turned it over to Conor to play that lovely quick ball outside, Derby were struggling to cope. I don't think Tomori can be blamed for any of that.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Ashley Cole had to go out to cover Adomah, Tomori then had to cover Elmo. The cross was always coming in.

In anticipation of a Kenneth Williams jpeg... It was Bogle's fault for letting El Ghazi get inside him...

But once McGinn had shielded the ball with his body and turned it over to Conor to play that lovely quick ball outside, Derby were struggling to cope. I don't think Tomori can be blamed for any of that.

KennethWilliams.jpg

Edited by The Moustache of Teale
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

No idea what the ManU clown car will decide thats out of our control.

I do know Tomori is NOT in anyway a substitute for Axel though so i hope that rumour dies quickly.

How much have you actually seen of Tomori? His season stats are pretty impressive and, even in the playoff final alone, he showed he could keep Tammy on his pocket. 

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

I want him back 😥

He's still here.  Why is he still here?  Do the mods know something.

Please, if he's gone move the thread to put me out of my misery.

WHY...IS...HE...STILL...HERE?

12 hours ago, tommybread said:

Talks from who? Because it certainly wasn't Mourinho. In fact Mourinho immediately came in and started bigging up Joel Pereira while not mentioning Johnstone at all other than that he can leave on loan. There wasn't a single person in 2016 claiming Johnstone to be challenging De Gea other than clueless people. Dean Henderson is a far bigger talent and he is barely even touted as such and he has the benefit of De Gea actually leaving. 

McTominay is firmly a first team member and Mason Greenwood is as good as a certainty. United have the best record of bringing through academy players in the Premier League. 

The reality is the current United manager is the former reserves manager who lives by Ferguson's mantra of youth. The reality is Nicky Butt has an ever increasing importance to the club and will fight tooth and nail before allowing a player like Axel to leave. The reality is Axel has been with United for near on 15 years and is a massive supporter of the club and dreams of playing for the club. He's already been promised a chance on pre-season and there is absolutely zero reason for him to force a permanent move when he's already being publicly backed by Ole. 

The summer that we re-signed him on loan for the full season, Utd extended his contract and wanted to take him on their pre-season tour rather than loan him to us. That's when there was talk of him getting a first team squad place. He was never good enough to challenge for a first team place but that's my point.

I can't agree that United are great at bringing through academy players - they may give them lots of debuts and have achieved some sort of record, but they then inevitably sell them on. The only players to have established themselves as first team regulars are Rashford and Lingard. McTominay played for Solksjaer when their squad was depleted with injuries to Matic and Herrera - he's hardly firmly a first team member yet. Januzaj - is a prime example of the typical bluster about United's academy graduates - talked up as a potential world-beater before being repeatedly loaned out, before being sold on with 20-30 first team appearances under his belt. As good as Axel is I think he's following this trend.

Tyler Blackett, Paddy McNair, Zaha, Robbie brady, James Wilson, Michael Keane, Ravel Morrison, Tom Cleverly - there's any amount.

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

The summer that we re-signed him on loan for the full season, Utd extended his contract and wanted to take him on their pre-season tour rather than loan him to us. That's when there was talk of him getting a first team squad place. He was never good enough to challenge for a first team place but that's my point.

I can't agree that United are great at bringing through academy players - they may give them lots of debuts and have achieved some sort of record, but they then inevitably sell them on. The only players to have established themselves as first team regulars are Rashford and Lingard. McTominay played for Solksjaer when their squad was depleted with injuries to Matic and Herrera - he's hardly firmly a first team member yet. Januzaj - is a prime example of the typical bluster about United's academy graduates - talked up as a potential world-beater before being repeatedly loaned out, before being sold on with 20-30 first team appearances under his belt. As good as Axel is I think he's following this trend.

Tyler Blackett, Paddy McNair, Zaha, Robbie brady, James Wilson, Michael Keane, Ravel Morrison, Tom Cleverly - there's any amount.

The Nevilles... Beckham... Giggs... Butt... Scholes?

4 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

How much have you actually seen of Tomori? His season stats are pretty impressive and, even in the playoff final alone, he showed he could keep Tammy on his pocket. 

Tammy wasn't in anyone's pocket.

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

The Nevilles... Beckham... Giggs... Butt... Scholes?

Hahahahhhaahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahhahahhahahahahhahhaahahhhahhhaha.

You said Butt

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Remind me what Tammy's attacking contribution was in the final? 

Occupy both centre halves on his own and provide an option for the midfield short or the defence long. And he had two deep midfielders in front of him. And he had a good effort first half that was pretty close.

What was Tomori's in a defence that conceded twice and was under the cosh for the first 70 mins? He was alright I thought, but he didn't have Tammy in his pocket.

Edited by Tomaszk

Â