Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

For me, he is a funny player, he can’t head it, can’t tackle but he just has a knack of strolling through games. He looks like he does nothing but for me, he’s such an important player for us, integral to how we play out from the back, I think results show this. In my opinion, he’ll only get better over the years, he could be an excellent player I think, such great potential, you can see why he’s played for Manchester United’s first team. He reads the game very well for me and is often in the right position to intercept the ball in potentially dangerous situations

Very much a modern centre half - pacey, reads the game well and can play. He'd be **** against an old school big man centre forward but there aren't so many of them around these days - particularly in the Prem where I'm sure he'll be next season (hopefully with us).

12 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

You clearly didn’t get the memo! Now repeat after me, “He’s slow, can’t tackle, can’t pass and he’s not PL level.”

Altogether now....

👏🏼 He's slow...  he can't tackle {Gospel singers: "no, he can't tackle...}

He can't pass and not Premier League level {no, he's not Premier League level.....}

...  sorry, i'm still pissed from yesterday. 🤪

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Altogether now....

👏🏼 He's slow...  he can't tackle {Gospel singers: "no, he can't tackle...}

He can't pass and not Premier League level {no, he's not Premier League level.....}

...  sorry, i'm still pissed from yesterday. 🤪

If you get up to the Highlands for that “little drink”, I’m definitely not driving!

• Haha 1

So composed on the ball but awful in the air, I’ve never seen a centre half actively avoid heading long straight balls away as much as he does.

I really like him but he’s got to improve that if he’s got any chance of making it as a Premier League centre half, pace and composure only gets you so far

14 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Can't believe nobody has praised this man after tonight's game.

He was the only player who kept his cool throughout the entire game. Congrats Axel, you have a bright future ahead of you!

I think your mistaking him for Mings. Tuanzebe was decent tonight but Mings was the one showing real composure throughout.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Can't believe nobody has praised this man after tonight's game.

He was the only player who kept his cool throughout the entire game. Congrats Axel, you have a bright future ahead of you!

I thought he looked quite nervy at times and lost Dawson for the goal. Was ok but has been much better. 

3 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Seemed to limp as he went off, hopes he's ok for the final, he's probably going to be one of our most important players. Especially if v Leeds with their tricky movement.

Well the good news is we have almost 2 weeks to get him fit. 

Does seem odd the 2 semi finals are so close together then a massive gap to the final

18 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Unbelievable how bad he is in the air

It must be horrible to only ever concentrate on the negatives? He is crap in the air but most people (like the post below) are capable of looking at positives as well negatives.

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Still questionable in the air but brilliant in every other aspect. 

38 minutes ago, av1 said:

He is crap in the air but most people (like the post below) are capable of looking at positives as well negatives.

But being good in the air is a pretty damn important part of being a cb, don't you think?

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But being good in the air is a pretty damn important part of being a cb, don't you think?

You're missing the point. 

Should we play Jedinak at CB for the final then? He's great in the air. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â