Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

On 13/06/2019 at 05:18, Tomaszk said:

Occupy both centre halves on his own and provide an option for the midfield short or the defence long. And he had two deep midfielders in front of him. And he had a good effort first half that was pretty close.

What was Tomori's in a defence that conceded twice and was under the cosh for the first 70 mins? He was alright I thought, but he didn't have Tammy in his pocket.

He completely had him in his pocket. Tammy had great opportunity and Tomori easily marshaled him to give it away for goal kick. I thought Tammy was lazy as hell. Adomah was showing him up pressing the defenders

On 12/06/2019 at 12:49, sidcow said:

He's still here.  Why is he still here?  Do the mods know something.

Please, if he's gone move the thread to put me out of my misery.

WHY...IS...HE...STILL...HERE?

I feel it can still count as speculation. If Man Utd go and spunk 150m on three new centre backs, as they may well do, I can see us snapping him up. I don't think Axel is in Man Utd's first team plans next season but whilst they are not guaranteed to get the signings they want, they don't want to confirm any permanent deal and leave themselves with Smalling, Jones and Bailley again. Axel > those 3, but I think Man Utd fans are expecting better.

19 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

I feel it can still count as speculation. If Man Utd go and spunk 150m on three new centre backs, as they may well do, I can see us snapping him up. I don't think Axel is in Man Utd's first team plans next season but whilst they are not guaranteed to get the signings they want, they don't want to confirm any permanent deal and leave themselves with Smalling, Jones and Bailley again. Axel > those 3, but I think Man Utd fans are expecting better.

The hope would be we can buy him I'd imagine. He has a year left on his deal with 1 year option, so basically two in this scenario.

£40m to have him and Mings at the back? I think that's worth it overall.

5 hours ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

I agree. After the season(s) ManU have had, I doubt they can afford to play youngsters. They need to compete. It would be possible if they write off this season to let the youngsters get experience, but I don’t see that happening.

So buying tuanzebe is not impossible. I wouldn’t mind a loan with option to buy either. How long is his contract at ManU?

According to transfermarkt 1 year left.

Edit: there's an option to extend it for one more year, although I'm not sure if they both have to agree to that or can Utd do it one-sided?

Edited by Larscapaldi

You would imagine if they are buying a CB from WH and offering them a defender in return then that player must also be a CB. Would be surprised if Axel isn't in their two most likely to-be-offered CBs.

Perhaps he's available after all.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If he is being offered to West Ham as a make weight in a deal to bring in another defender, he will know he is not in their first team plans. I have said before that they are daft enough to not appreciate what they have. I hope that proves to be the case and that we can bring him back home to Villa Park where his ability is known and is appreciated.

21 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He completely had him in his pocket. Tammy had great opportunity and Tomori easily marshaled him to give it away for goal kick. I thought Tammy was lazy as hell. Adomah was showing him up pressing the defenders

I see what you’re doing. Tammy has been moved to other football so you”re sneaking him back in under cover of someone else’s thread. :P

7 hours ago, Larscapaldi said:

According to transfermarkt 1 year left.

Edit: there's an option to extend it for one more year, although I'm not sure if they both have to agree to that or can Utd do it one-sided?

What would be the point with an option if both parties had to agree to it? 🙃

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

The talk has always been that OGS wants to have a look at him during the summer. That’s code for we’re not seriously interested in him as a regular first team starter, but we’re not saying that as we want to get as much for him as we can in the market. He’s not daft, he seems to have enjoyed his time here and we’re a team on the up. We are now presenting ourselves as a place where young and ambitious players can go a long way in the game. Could still happen. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

There could be legs in a bid with a buyback. Pay £14m and there's a £24m buyback for them.

bad idea, if we bought him for 14 and he plays well, he would be worth more than 24m by the first Jan transfer window. (remember a few posts above Man U are supposed to be offering in the region of 45m for a 22 year old West Ham defender)

If we buy someone we need to "buy" them.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

There could be legs in a bid with a buyback. Pay £14m and there's a £24m buyback for them.

No way we’d do a deal like that. If he gets to the point that Man U want him back, his value would be way above that. We wouldn’t put ourselves into a position where by someone else dictates the value of our own asset, regardless of what the figures are. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

No way we’d do a deal like that. If he gets to the point that Man U want him back, his value would be way above that. We wouldn’t put ourselves into a position where by someone else dictates the value of our own asset, regardless of what the figures are. 

Buy for £15m buy back for £400m then.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â