Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

Here’s a tenuous article which shows Axel replying to Jack on Instagram saying “lead us in the Prem! Skip” ... I think they’re probably putting way too much emphasis on him saying ‘lead us’ rather than lead Villa, but you never know.

Clickety clickety

Whilst plenty debated whether it was a typo and he meant ‘led us to the Prem’, others typically thought he was trying to tempt Jack to Old Trafford.

Led us in the Prem makes no sense as past tense. It hasn't happened yet.

Its very, very unlikely Grealish will be Man Utds captain.

Therefore... < fonz > Eeeeyyyyyy < /fonz  >

On 08/06/2019 at 08:42, rodders0223 said:

My word, that is a stretch.

It really is.

I'd say the most obvious explanation is Axel is just talking about Grealish leading Villa in the prem and people are reading too much into the word "us"

Second most obvious is Axel sees himself here next year so the "us" is deliberate.

Probably the third most obvious is that it was a typo and it was meant as past tense.

Absolutely the least obvious assumption from that is that he's trying to tempt grealish to Old Trafford. I imagine that entered nobody's head when they read that, apart from the author of that article

On 08/06/2019 at 08:57, alreadyexists said:

It really is, isn’t it!?

It was a typo. He meant to say, “Lead us to The Premiership TITLE”.

Nailed on to come back to us. He’s thinking of the future, which is clearly Aston Villa, not the team of yesteryear at the Theatre of Screams. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 07/06/2019 at 07:57, El-Reacho said:

When we loaned Sam Johnstone from United all the talk was that Mourinho envisaged that he'd be challenging DeGea for the jersey by now he was that highly rated. They've only brought Lingard and Rashford through to their first team out of about 40-50 players over the last few years and let the like of Keane go. Keeping Axel is probably the right thing for them to do but the reaility is they'll probably spend £80m on some Brazilian centre-back who won't be good enough. I think we'll get him.

Talks from who? Because it certainly wasn't Mourinho. In fact Mourinho immediately came in and started bigging up Joel Pereira while not mentioning Johnstone at all other than that he can leave on loan. There wasn't a single person in 2016 claiming Johnstone to be challenging De Gea other than clueless people. Dean Henderson is a far bigger talent and he is barely even touted as such and he has the benefit of De Gea actually leaving. 

McTominay is firmly a first team member and Mason Greenwood is as good as a certainty. United have the best record of bringing through academy players in the Premier League. 

The reality is the current United manager is the former reserves manager who lives by Ferguson's mantra of youth. The reality is Nicky Butt has an ever increasing importance to the club and will fight tooth and nail before allowing a player like Axel to leave. The reality is Axel has been with United for near on 15 years and is a massive supporter of the club and dreams of playing for the club. He's already been promised a chance on pre-season and there is absolutely zero reason for him to force a permanent move when he's already being publicly backed by Ole. 

• Like 1

Can see Sheff Utd taking him on loan because we'll refuse to loan him without a clause to buy. Plus it'll be after all of preseason and probably into August when he's made available. Hope beyond hope we've got 80-90% of our deals done by August.

Utd will be signing a marquee centre back this summer, and probably pairing him with Lindelof. Smalling and Jones, although car crashes, are still senior players and you'd think they'll be turned to as a bench option.

He has to play, even if he's first choice sub CB, it's not enough I don't think. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

No idea what the ManU clown car will decide thats out of our control.

I do know Tomori is NOT in anyway a substitute for Axel though so i hope that rumour dies quickly.

Tomori never dies ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, cyrusr said:

Tomori never dies ;)

The memory is too fresh :) I rewatched our games against Derby this weekend including the final. Just watch Tomori. He is so bad. Gives away fouls, gets caught out of position, oh and we targeted him, not as a danger but as a weak point, we actually stood off him and let him have the ball for their build ups, because he was so bad at distribution. Any other defender we pressed them, but not him as he was no threat we wanted him to get the ball.

Maybe he was a good player in other games but not against us.

22 minutes ago, tommybread said:

United have the best record of bringing through academy players in the Premier League.  

Would say Southampton in the last 5-10 years have done better. Everton do well too.

Rashford and Lingard spring to mind but outside of that not many players have come through Old Trafford (without being bought in) that have gone on to establish themselves. Januzaj had a spell I suppose. Jury still out on a few that could make it but I wouldn't say they are the best.

Perhaps harsh because will always be tough to bring through players good enough for United, Barca have done it best I suppose and many Utd academy players could have had decent careers with them if they were midtable, but United haven't produced many 'United level' players for a while.

22 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

No idea what the ManU clown car will decide thats out of our control.

I do know Tomori is NOT in anyway a substitute for Axel though so i hope that rumour dies quickly.

Tomori is an upgrade on Axel. Easily Derby's best player in POF and superior per game defensive stats on Axel over the season

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Tomori is an upgrade on Axel. Easily Derby's best player in POF and superior per game defensive stats on Axel over the season

I will have to take your word for it. Like I say each time I have seen him play (against us) Tomori has been terrible in my eyes.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

5 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I will have to take your word for it. Like I say each time I have seen him play (against us) Tomori has been terrible in my eyes.

Took Tammy out of the final though I thought Tammy was a lazy runner. First goal was Keogh's fault and second keepers but also Keogh side 

• Like 1

Â