Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not really he could have whittled his contract down and had big offers come next summer or got a bigger contract at united.

This is why I don't like the old loan model. Helps clubs like united not us long term. Glad purslow has said we won't be adopting this in future

Under 23 so United would still get a fee

• Thanks 1

Considering how long he's been at Man Utd, and all that they have done for his development, I imagine he didn't want to leave on a cheap due to only having 1 year left. That's fair enough, in my opinion.

However, I get the impression that he genuinely thinks that he'll have a chance of breaking into their first team, which he has no chance of doing. Even if he gets a run of games for them, his weaknesses will probably be exposed and their fans will do their usual calls for £100m investment into a weak position.

I'm guessing he'll stay there for one or two seasons, and then leave for a mid-table team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Considering how long he's been at Man Utd, and all that they have done for his development, I imagine he didn't want to leave on a cheap due to only having 1 year left. That's fair enough, in my opinion.

However, I get the impression that he genuinely thinks that he'll have a chance of breaking into their first team, which he has no chance of doing. Even if he gets a run of games for them, his weaknesses will probably be exposed and their fans will do their usual calls for £100m investment into a weak position.

I'm guessing he'll stay there for one or two seasons, and then leave for a mid-table team.

Yeah that's a good thing like how jack did with us.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Fair enough for him. I am grateful for the 18 months that he gave us. At the end of the day I just hope he gets the run of games to show his potential. We all know that he has that and would prefer him to have done that in a Villa shirt than a Man Utd shirt, but he has been through their system and I can completely understand why he would want to have a crack at it.

So on that note I hope he does well for them in all but the games against us this season. In those games I hope he plays terrible  and scores a hattrick of own goals :lol: #agenttuanzebe

I honestly think he'll do just fine for United and has a decent chance of breaking into the side. Usually don't care once loan players have gone but I hope he goes on to become as good as I expect. Supremely talented player. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LondonLax said:

He only had 1 year left so regardless of what he does next it was in both parties interests to sign a new deal. 

Course it was.. We were just sitting hoping Man Utd would f*** it up and sell him on the cheap.

Okay he's signed a contract..  so did Delph. It's insurance purposes to ensure they can now command the price they want rather than any interested club dictating - if they ever came to Sell.

It's no suprise anyway as I had this feeling a few days ago.. 

On 03/07/2019 at 07:31, AvfcRigo82 said:

but I now have a feeling he will be staying put at Man Utd.

I hope I am wrong but this one slowly turning to the 'not happening' end of the gauge.  😩

B@$tard!!!  I really hoped we would get Axel aswell. Never mind.. we go again.

Â