Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

26 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hopefully he will add to the list of unwanted Man U defender getting sold to Villa. See also Mcgrath Paul. And to a much lesser extent Ronny Johnsen.

Ronny Johnsen was pretty good though until oleary thought Ridgewell was better. I admire his stance on playing youth but could have kept Johnsen about 

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Would anyone accept Tuanzebe plus £25m for McGinn?

Would I accept it? 

Probably not.

Would the club accept it? Very Possibly.

There's no way that the club would accept it. £25m isn't enough to replace McGinn, it would be hard enough with £50m, and if United are willing to let Tuanzebe go, then we could just buy him anyway, without the need to sacrifice our best players.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Would anyone accept Tuanzebe plus £25m for McGinn?

Never in a million years. 

Axel was a good player for us but McGinn is more important

I still think UTD will spend big on their defence and Axel will be a Villa player before the window shuts. 

On 01/07/2019 at 17:04, useless said:

There's no way that the club would accept it. £25m isn't enough to replace McGinn, it would be hard enough with £50m, and if United are willing to let Tuanzebe go, then we could just buy him anyway, without the need to sacrifice our best players.

Spot on.

On 01/07/2019 at 18:54, av1 said:

I still think UTD will spend big on their defence and Axel will be a Villa player before the window shuts. 

I really hope you are right but I now have a feeling he will be staying put at Man Utd.

I hope I am wrong but this one slowly turning to the 'not happening' end of the gauge.  😩

then we should put it to bed and end our interest

even if its now a loan to buy utd will have used the new contract to inflate the purchase option

personally I think he's a fool, the money and maybe the big move will come, he has to be playing football now, he wont break through at utd next year, he'll have an 11th hour loan, hopefully somewhere else*

* to somewhere like brighton and villa fans will lose their shit

Edited by villa4europe

Yeah it's signed it's on united website. We move on now. Be interested to see how he does there. I think he has a lot of lots potential but has a lot of weaknesses that will get exposed more at this level at united.

I think for such a bog guy he is pretty crap in the air. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

He only had 1 year left so regardless of what he does next it was in both parties interests to sign a new deal. 

Not really he could have whittled his contract down and had big offers come next summer or got a bigger contract at united.

This is why I don't like the old loan model. Helps clubs like united not us long term. Glad purslow has said we won't be adopting this in future

Sam Johnstone signed a new contract with United in 2017, then went on loan to Albion. Tuanzebe might do something similar, he only had a year on his contract, so if United were thinking of loaning him out, then they didn't really have much choice but to offer him a new deal, otherwise they'd essentially be giving him away.

• Thanks 1

Great for him that he’s signed a new deal, but I get the feeling he’ll be loaned out again. The comment from OGS around him going on tour with them will help his development. Reading between the lines it may be that he goes on tour again then gets loaned out again. 

Â