Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Largely excellent last season but not the finished article, seems to have some lapses of concentration and his glaring weakness is in the air, just doesn't seem to time the ball well at all. I think there's a hell of a lot to work with cos there's loads of talent there, love how good he is on the ball as well but he has a way to go to be really effective in the premier league. I wouldn't be spending loads on him, £8m-£12m absolutely, but not much more than that.

Sums it up for me. Especially about his weakness in the air.

But a great prospect. I think £8m is a good investment.

• Like 1

I agree £8m is a good price for both clubs , he's not going to break through at Man U and I can't see another premier club taking a punt on him . Thing is Man U in their present state might not have the sense to realise it. 

Edited by tinker

Man United you are wasting a year of Axel's career if you keep him. Unless you truly see him as a starter in your team, you are not going to see the best of Axel. If Axel is not playing consistently, he will just walk in 2020 on a free. If you see him as your starter, then sure. He is your player, and needs those minutes. If he is your #3 or #4 center back, it's a waste. Let him go else where and include a buyback clause. 

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

They have said if I decent offer came in they would consider it.

Kick off with a bid of £15m Villa, and see where it takes us.

I've not seen this. Hook a brother up with a link! 

18 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I've not seen this. Hook a brother up with a link! 

Axel Tuanzebe 'set for showdown talks over Manchester United future amid Aston Villa interest and desire to fight for place in first-team'

Manchester United youngster Axel Tuanzebe is set for discussions with Red Devil chiefs over his future.

The 21-year-old is in the final year of his contract having spent the last 12 months on loan at recently promoted Aston Villa.

It has been reported that he has told his friends he is prepared to prove he is worth keeping hold of at Old Trafford.

United have no intentions of selling the defender unless a sizeable offer is submitted.  

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side have the option to extend Tuanzebe's contract by a further 12 months. 

The Norwegian boss is believed to be interested on giving the centre-back a chance next campaign. 

Tuanzebe will sit down at Carrington to discuss his future before the club jet out for pre-season on July 8. 

Villa are believed to want to sign Tuanzebe permanently in their bid for survival as they embark on another Premier League season. 

Daily Snail

Interestingly, the bit i've put in bold italics is what stood out to me.

Go for it Villa...

16 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

If they let him go to us it will show just how much of a shambles their recruitment system is. Hopefully.

We can only hope.

Axel stating he want's to stay and fight for his place at Man Utd is him just saving face imo incase Villa or anyone never came in for him, looks good on his part and keeps him in contention at his parent club, same as Tammy at Chelsea.

4 hours ago, Farlz said:

I personally think Tuanzebe was THAT good. A couple weaknesses but there's just so much potential I'd be doing everything possible to sign him permanently.

Yeah this for me. He’s excellent at some things but has a couple of big weaknesses. 

But like you say, the potential is huge. We should 100% be interested

On 25/06/2019 at 00:54, AvfcRigo82 said:

They have said if I decent offer came in they would consider it.

Kick off with a bid of £15m Villa, and see where it takes us.

£15m for an unproven CB with 12 months left on his contract? No thanks. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Farlz said:

I personally think Tuanzebe was THAT good. A couple weaknesses but there's just so much potential I'd be doing everything possible to sign him permanently.

Same. Also unlike say Tammy or Mings who I got the sense were giving 100% I think Axel has much more to give.

Not that he was sulking or not working hard or flaking out like Bollasie. 

Axel I just sensed was holding back a little bit because he was on loan.

Compare that to Tammy who would stick his face down in the flying boots to head in a goal when needed.

In other words if we got Axel I think we would see even more from him. 

3 hours ago, jim said:

£15m for an unproven CB with 12 months left on his contract? No thanks. 

You see Jim, I feel he is proven at this level (in the few appearances he has made at this level) and I think he will only get better the more he plays consistently at this level.

That £15m is not bad considering the prices being quoted for championship players, plus, give him a year with us and that fee will seem laughable indeed, peanuts.

£15m is still very cheap for a player of his potential and quality that he already poseses. It would be very hard for Man Utd to say no to and even then I still think that is still a steal and we would be robbing them blind.

United have no intentions of selling the defender unless a sizeable offer is submitted.

£15m for a defender - who is on the last year of his contract and let's play along with the blind man tactic of "He's unproven" - is more than a sizeable offer they mention which should be enough to allow us to prise him away from Man Utd.

Get it done Villa.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

I think he was underrated part of our squad last season. He us calm on the ball and for a young defender he went unnoticed through games which is brilliant for a defender. 

Compare to the players that play same position for United who are very noticeable

• Like 3

Â