One For The Road

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Has to be Big Sam parachuted in?

Lives locally, done this sort of job before and would have motivation to do one over Everton.

If not it really feels bizarre timing if they just stick the youth team coach in given they last played early Sunday afternoon.

Strange call anyway given they do have some winnable fixtures left in the run in.

I'm not sure he would go tbh. Its not as if that team just need a bit of a defensive shuffle to pick up confidence 

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I'm not sure he would go tbh. Its not as if that team just need a bit of a defensive shuffle to pick up confidence 

He took over West Brom mid season when their prospects were bleaker imo last year so unless he's properly retired now it wouldn't shock me at all if he's confirmed in next 24 hours.

If not him then honestly I think they have to go for a Pulis or Warnock. Given the way they play it makes no sense to get in someone who'll want team to have 20-30 passes before they even hit the penalty area as their squad just isn't good enough to do that.

Edited by VillaChris

4 minutes ago, penguin said:

Got them and kept them in the Premier League with a championship standard squad and championship budget, for 10 years!

One of the most idiotic decisions I've seen.

Really is! Absolutely unbelievable decision ,

Can see why they act and threw a hail Mary that someone can come in and give them an unlikely lift. 

Might already been decided that he wasn't to stay on next season regardless of if they stayed up or not.

Edited by sne

Great news for us, I would far prefer to play Burnley twice before the end of the season, without Dyche being there to tell his players in no uncertain terms, to get into us from the kick off. 

It just goes to show that gratitude and loyalty do not exist in the PL. I think that is these "Dirty Clarets" are done for now. Big Sam to step-in? It worked for the Albion didn't it? ;)  

Never saw this coming at all.

If anything, in the end, I thought it would be Dyche who got fed up and left Burnley.

Imagine if the poor bastard has just been waiting to be sacked for years, to get some comp, and Burnley never pulled the trigger? Lol

Bizarre decision, especially the timing.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

They're only four points behind Everton with their next five fixtures being,

West Ham away, Southampton home, Wolves home, Watford away, Aston Villa home,

the hardest of those probably West Ham, and even they haven't been in great form in the league, so they've got some winnable fixtures to come.

Â