One For The Road

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Old squad no saleable assets a manager who has performed miracles keeping them in the league and now cash flow troubles.

Aye. They are ****.

They still have some saleable assets in Pope, Tarkowski, Cornet, McNeil, Brownhll, Collins, etc. All under 30 and are decent enough.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I know there is a lot of hate for burnely here because of the ben mee (yes i cant stand that knobhead either)

But as a a club i dont mind burnley. The fans deserve better than this. Its a miracle dyche has kept them up all these seasons. If they go down i think they could go the pompey route

Its a town of 70,000 located in  area of huge football clubs.  Every season in the premier league is a bonus for them. I know they have a great past but they are a small town club which makes it impossible to compete really in the modern game. There are probably about a dozen better supported clubs in the championship or league one than them.

Edited by The Fun Factory

20 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

They still have some saleable assets in Pope, Tarkowski, Cornet, McNeil, Brownhll, Collins, etc. All under 30 and are decent enough.

Tarkowski is out of contract and wont stay. Pope is a good player but seems injury  prone

The rest could get fees except Brownhill the most meh player in the Premier League 

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tarkowski is out of contract and wont stay. Pope is a good player but seems injury  prone

The rest could get fees except Brownhill the most meh player in the Premier League 

He is a good player i wouldnt mind him at villa.

13 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I fail to see how they aren't now **** as a result of all these postponements? It's very asymmetrical, as most clubs are on 20+ games played and they're still on 17.

Playing 2 games a week is certinaly not going to help a team trying desperately to stay up.

Maybe it can... 

For teams down there who can't string results together and won't get that many more points and wins if they can time it right it could be a positive 

Plays Saturday and get a win or even a good draw and then the next game comes around Tuesday or Wednesday the positivity could roll on 

There was a time for us when a good result always then seemed to lead in to a cup weekend or especially an international break so we had no momentum, a lot of games in a short space of time could mean the opposite 

But it probably wont because they're shit 

Edited by villa4europe

Something like 13 players over the age of 30 in their squad. Apart from Cornet absolutely done to freshen things up.  As much as i admire what they have done to stay up so far , we all know that standing still means going backwards in the Prem. I think this year will be the year where they run out of energy . Especially with the one player that they rely upon to play the way they do now at a rival

Edited by MWARLEY2

Everyone thought Michael Keane was decent at Burnley, when I thought it was pretty obvious he wasn't and now he's absolutely dire and Everton fans hate him.

Yet another poor transfer from them, for a lot of money.  

Ergo, I'd stay away from Tarkowski.

• Like 3

Just seen that Weghorst has scored 59 and assisted 27 goals in 118 appearances in the Bundesliga, would seem canny business like to buy him for half the price that they sold Wood for. Orsic seems to have a good record as well, score an hat-trick against Spurs last season.

They may have deigned to bring in a foreigner, but there still manages to be something unmistakably Burnley about this signing. Excuse me if you think I am typecasting them unfairly.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/emergency-exit-burnley-signing-not-vaccinated-vaccination-status-drove-turf-moor/

‘Emergency exit’ – Burnley signing ‘not vaccinated’, ‘vaccination status’ drove him to Turf Moor

Signing Wout Weghorst on transfer deadline day for around €15m, Burnley got the man they wanted to replace Chris Wood, who had been sold to Newcastle United.

The towering Dutchman will provide the physicality needed to bother Premier League defences, but it appears that his move to Turf Moor was one done by default.

This comes from Bild in Germany, who explain it’s the player’s ‘vaccination status’ that sent him to England, describing the move as an ‘emergency exit’ for the player.

That’s because Burnley ‘are among the last clubs on the island to not yet monitor the vaccination status of current or future professionals’.

In fact, according to the German outlet, ‘there were several clubs from England, Italy and Spain interested in a Weghorst commitment’, but, in the end, ‘everyone waved it off because Weghorst was not vaccinated’.

Furthermore, not only was Burnley the ‘emergency exit’ for the player, ‘but also for VfL Wolfsburg’, because ‘his recovered status’ from Coronavirus (he contracted it in October) ‘expired two weeks ago’ and his ‘continued employment would have presented VfL Wolfsburg with logistical and organisational problems, especially around match days’.

They use home games as an example, explaining he ‘would not longer have been allowed to go to the team hotel’.

On 21/01/2022 at 11:47, Wainy316 said:

But how are they in such a mess?  They bag a shed load in TV money every year, sell anyone they get a decent offer for and spend bugger all.  It doesn't add up.

I'd say they are spending all of their income on wages and just trying to survive in the league. They would have very little sponsorship or hospitality income and small attendances. They are a midtable championship club at best. 

Edited by villa89

Â