One For The Road

9 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Would rather see my team actually try to play football and get relegated than just survive playing long ball football.

And if your team has no money? I think we have spent more in our 3 seasons since promotion than Burnley combined under Dyche

We are hardly playing silky football ourselves at the moment 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

With the parachute money, every team that gets relegated are favourites to come straught back up. 

Burnley wont be though. Dyche is the reason they survived so long and was the best hope of survival now

16 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Would rather see my team actually try to play football and get relegated than just survive playing long ball football.

It’s the burnley way! If you went to McDonald’s and got a Michelin starred meal you’d be disappointed.

29 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

You don't remember the Lambert years. Would have sucked off a tramp for Allardyce back then.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

And if your team has no money? I think we have spent more in our 3 seasons since promotion than Burnley combined under Dyche

Norwich don't spend a lot, they still give it a go. Not blaming Dyche for this but Burnley have little to spend and they spend it poorly when they have. They should be trying to copy the Brighton/Brentford models and getting in young players and trying to find some gems to generate income.

They were more focused on just staying in the league rather than long term progression, as a fan that would just depress me. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

100% this. You get some very condescending takes towards Dyche and Burnley, but he and his players have done a fantastic job during their time in the PL

Makes me happy. Nothing against Burnley or Dyche but that combo has been a thorn in our side for too long.

Hopefully it helps our chances of beating them in the remaining games.

I am mildly amused that Burnley managed to downgrade ownership and investment when they sold last year. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Burnley wont be though. Dyche is the reason they survived so long and was the best hope of survival now

Yes he did a great job but lets wait and see.  Nothing certain in the Premier League  except Man City or Liverpool winning the league. 

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes he did a great job but lets wait and see.  Nothing certain in the Premier League  except Man City or Liverpool winning the league. 

Replace Burnley with Stoke or Charlton who have never got back near the Premier League since they went down. I think is more chance of Burnley slipping to League One than coming back to the Premier League

• Like 1

I couldn't see them staying up with him in place - the change has the potential to unbalance them further in the short period between now and the end of the season.

But I don't think this is about keeping them up - I this is an acceptance of relegation and a desire to use a year or two away to change the way the club works and the team plays - I think they're looking for that manager.

Â