One For The Road

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Imagine them going for a ”modern” coach who wants them to start playing out from the back.

That’s like getting the horse that won the Grand National onto the next series of Strictly. 

Bit of a suprise but the right thing to do. He wasn't playing to Weghorst's strengths and think the players  and the fans had had enough of his one way of playing. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Bit of a suprise but the right thing to do. He wasn't playing to Weghorst's strengths and think the players  and the fans had had enough of his one way of playing. 

The timing is just a bit odd as keeping them up will be a huge ask for anyone coming in.

The time to sack him was around the New Year when they had several games in hand, or wait until the summer.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Burnley are the most direct team in the league, how do they not play to a beanpole’s strengths?! 

Edited by bannedfromHandV

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Burnley are the most direct team in the league, how do they not play to a beanpole’s strengths?! 

That has been the problem in the last six games he has not scored or created a chance for Burnley. They have stopped varying their play and just lumping high balls up for him. 

Seems a strange one from the outside, they'll have to have someone in place quickly and it looks like it'll be a difficult job for someone to walk in and take a team that Dyche has built over along period of time, make it theirs, change it up and turn it around in eight games. You never quite know what's happening at another club though - I wonder what their fans make of it.

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Seems a strange one from the outside, they'll have to have someone in place quickly and it looks like it'll be a difficult job for someone to walk in and take a team that Dyche has built over along period of time, make it theirs, change it up and turn it around in eight games. You never quite know what's happening at another club though - I wonder what their fans make of it.

Just had a look on their forum and most seem gutted, perplexed at the timing and angry with owners who I’ve just learnt are Mormons.

There’s also an interesting thread/topic where they rate referees, unsure of who does the rating and what the criteria is exactly but Mike Dean comes out on top apparently (https://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=143

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

it looks like it'll be a difficult job for someone to walk in and take a team that Dyche has built over along period of time, make it theirs, change it up and turn it around in eight games. 

7 games. Ben Mee is in charge at the weekend (seriously).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

31 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just had a look on their forum and most seem gutted, perplexed at the timing and angry with owners who I’ve just learnt are Mormons.

There’s also an interesting thread/topic where they rate referees, unsure of who does the rating and what the criteria is exactly but Mike Dean comes out on top apparently (https://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=143

The ones I speak to by me have wanted him to go for a while.  Hes obviously done a great job there on a shoestring but guess it was stick or twist time whilst theres still time to get enough points to avoid the drop. 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sacking Dyche is possibly one of the most idiotic decisions in Premier League history

He is the reason they are in that position

Could have said the same about Bielsa at Leeds and that has turned out ok. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Could have said the same about Bielsa at Leeds and that has turned out ok. 

Has Bielsa managed a small town team for about a decade with little money to spend. Has Bielsa played Ashley Westwood in the Premier League and qualified Leeds for Europe with a limited budget? 

No way is it even a close comparison 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Has Bielsa managed a small town team for about a decade with little money to spend. Has Bielsa played Ashley Westwood in the Premier League and qualified Leeds for Europe with a limited budget? 

No way is it even a close comparison 

I know but the media reacted like it was insane. I agree Dyche has worked wonders at a small town club but nothing lasts forever and he is very stubborn in his methods like Bielsa. Its a terrible decision if they go down, its a great one if they stay up! 

Â