January transfer window 2018

Jareth

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You might be right, I remember he used to be renowned for some epic ball spraying (That sounds wrong).

However I just see his build in the article and think "Stockier Whelan" for some reason. lol

Don't think he's got the application tbf, he's never been known as someone who'll bust a gut for the team defensively like Whelan or Jedi. I think the only move we really need is to get a striker in on loan - we've got limited funds and we're struggling up there. 

Linked with Rolando Aarons of Newcastle. He is a very good winger but we are overstocked with them already. Also his injury record is very bad.

Rather we looked for another striker and potentially a Central Defender.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-newcastle-united-transfers-13995243

Newcastle United winger Rolando Aarons is reportedly on the radar of Aston Villa ahead of the January transfer window.

The Daily Mirror say that Villa could go head to head with Premier League pair Crystal Palace and Huddersfield Town for the 22-year-old, who has a long-term contract on Tyneside.

Aarons has, however, found first-team opportunities limited under Rafa Benitez - he has made just two substitute appearances in the Premier League this season, and they have both come in the past three weeks.

He did start in the EFL Cup defeat to Nottingham Forest in August and scored at St James’s Park as the Magpies bowed out of the competition 3-2.

The winger has faced stern competition in the side from the likes of Matt Ritchie, Jacob Murphy and Christian Atsu, who have all been recruited by Benitez at some cost.

Villa aren’t likely to spend big in the coming window, though; while Steve Bruce will consider adding to his forward line in the absence of Jonathan Kodjia and Scott Hogan, the claret and blues are restricted, to an extent, by Financial Fair Play having invested in the squad heavily over the course of the last three windows.

• Like 1

Hopefully we can get a couple of good players in on loan that will make the difference between playoffs and automatic promotion. I can't imagine there is going to be much money to spend unless we sell some players. 

Is it  5 loan players allowed in the match day squad?

We already have 3 who are pretty much given with Johnstone, Onomah and Snodgrass so 2 more potentially.

Striker and LB?

Imagine the excitement of the next transfer window in Summer if we got promoted. It will be like Lerners first  full summer in charge. The promise of big names. Big budget. No FFP.  Linked to players like Wesley Schneider. Oh the anticipation was killing us. 

Then we announced our first signing. Don't think I'll ever get over that moment. 

To keep this on topic I'm really curious as to who we manage to get in on loan in Jan. 

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Imagine the excitement of the next transfer window in Summer if we got promoted. It will be like Lerners first  full summer in charge. The promise of big names. Big budget. No FFP.  Linked to players like Wesley Schneider. Oh the anticipation was killing us. 

Then we announced our first signing. Don't think I'll ever get over that moment. 

To keep this on topic I'm really curious as to who we manage to get in on loan in Jan. 

Marlon Harewood?

Not the strongest of sources dont know how good or crap he is

Aston Villa news: Swansea striker Oli McBurnie set to join in January

ASTON VILLA are set to snap up Swansea starlet Oli McBurnie.

By ALEX HARRIS

PUBLISHED: 08:54, Thu, Dec 7, 2017 | UPDATED: 09:05, Thu, Dec 7, 2017

Swansea City striker Oli McBurnie is 'likely to join' Aston Villa

That is according to the Daily Star newspaper, who claim the 21-year-old striker is ‘likely to join’ next month. 

Villa boss Steve Bruce needs to reinforce his attack after losing Jonathan Kodjia and Scott Hogan to injury. 

McBurnie has made seven appearances as a substitute for Swansea in the Premier League this season.

He has also bagged seven goals in five appearances at Under-23 level. 

Villa have limited funds to strengthen in January due to Financial Fair Play limitations.

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce has limited funds to spend

Bruce has admitted he has little to spend and said: “You would love to be in a position where you can go and target a centre-forward with millions to spend but we haven't got that luxury.

“We'll have to be a bit creative and see if anyone out there can give us a hand. I still think we are under the situation of FFP.

“We know how difficult it has been. That's been the case for the last two transfer windows. It's difficult but we've managed to cope with it. 

“We've got good players in the squad here and that's the most important thing.”

McBurnie was set to join Barnsley in the summer but paperwork issues resulted in the move collapsing after the transfer window closed. 

Click

16 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who was it, I’ve forgotten? 

Oh just seen, was it actually harewood?!

Edited by Tommo_b