January transfer window 2018

Jareth

Leon Clarke? Massive no thanks!! Also his attitude is questionable! Had around 20 clubs and left majority after hardly scoring and not even playing double figures for most whether perm or on loan! Also at 33 it just isn't worth it!

Edited by Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Leon Clarke? Massive no thanks!! Also his attitude is questionable

No thanks 33 years old, bad attitude definitely dont want him here anyway why would sheff united sell to a promotion rival?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No thanks 33 years old, bad attitude definitely dont want him here anyway why would sheff united sell to a promotion rival?

They probably won't and just rumours but stranger things have happened. Read he only had 1.5 years left on contract or something and they might fancy £3 mil+ for a 33 year old who they bought for just £50k. That type of money they will no doubt buy a younger striker who is a much better player than Clarke (Who isn't that great anyway just having a good season)

Billy Sharp is scoring too and they have Ched Evans as back up striker and he doesn't score anymore! The money may be tempting for them as their recruitment /scouting s very, very good.

Edited by Villan4Life

Remember when we signed Guy Whittingham in 1991 after scoring about 47 goals in one season for Portsmouth? i was mega excited!! he was absolutely  awful player as well!!

God knows how he got 47 goals!! Swapping him for Villa Legend Ian Taylor was a masterstroke.

Clarke reminds me of having so far a flash in the pan type of half season like Whittingham (Full season) had before we signed him!! Obviously he isn't going to bag over 40 goals and goals will probably dry up hopefully (for us) 2nd half of this season.

Edited by Villan4Life

I'm leaning towards any permanent signing we make in January should be someone we can also use should we get promoted to the PL.

Therefor Clarke is a huge no-no, but as I said I know little about him...

For the striker position a loan is the way to go in January IMO.

Unless of course we can make a bargain or find a gem somewhere.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

I'm leaning towards any permanent signing we make in January should be someone we can also use should we get promoted to the PL.

Doubt we have the money for that and based on our signings to date, Thor aside it looks like we're are mainly buying British based players. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Doubt we have the money for that and based on our signings to date, Thor aside it looks like we're are mainly buying British based players. 

We certainly don't if we are shopping in the UK

Marko Grujic's agent has come out in the press to say that he needs to leave Liverpool on loan in January for another English club.

It's a position that we're well blessed in, but I think he'd rip the Championship apart!  Another in the Josh Onomah mold, tall and powerful attacking mid, very strong in the air. 

• Like 1

Not that they mean a fat lot these days but Peter Crouch has today signed a 1 year extension at Stoke. 

We can probably tick that one off the list. 

24 minutes ago, av1 said:

Not that they mean a fat lot these days but Peter Crouch has today signed a 1 year extension at Stoke. 

We can probably tick that one off the list. 

Sadly, yeah.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Exactly!

Otherwise anything aside from loans would be a waste in my view.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1