January transfer window 2018

Jareth

29 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Big problem with Ings would be the reason no Premier side would be in for him, hes played no football in ages (After a big injury too) and will take a while to get going.

Id say we would stand a decent chance getting him on loan.  Would certainly be a quality addition, probably the best of the available talent for me.

Yes that is a concern. 

If I had the choice of ings or ulloa i would go for ulloa every time on loan. i think he is achievable and he is around the area  

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ings would be great but i think he would get premier league interest. people calling for bruce out, but they dont realise how many links bruce has this could be vital in getting a big striker in on loan 

An interesting point.

I would have nothing against Bruce being „General Manager“ or DoF if it meant using his experience and advantages for the footballing side of the club.

As long as we had a „Coach“ Head Coach or whatever the title is who designated a playing style, picked the tactics and team, Choose player targets and took training (picking his assistants & coaching staff)

Bruce is finished as a manager, as an experienced figure at a club no. But dictating the football, well and truly bust.

Edited by Grasshopper

On 12/9/2017 at 05:22, thabucks said:

Saido Berahino ? Hasn't worked for him at Stoke... cheeky loan bid? 

I think at this level he would do well. It is still a risk though considering how bad he has been for years. 

Would Berahino really suit our "style of play"?

Also his attitude is questionable and he's only played 250 minutes of football this season, and not much last season either.

Scoring a whopping 0 goals during that time.

No thanks for me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Plenty of forwards available from the MLS now it's finished. Robbie Keane proved a hit a few years back so maybe one or two from there for a few months.

Giovinco and Altidore led the line for the champions Toronto.

Just a thought.

Cyle Larin of Orlando City i feel would be a good choice.

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

There's a chap Hogan who has proved to be a decent striker in the Championship, we should get him in.

Funny, the crystal palace fans think that about Benteke.....trying to get Lambert in to coach him.

can't even score penalties now.:)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Hadn’t realised Grabban has 11 goals this season already. Wouldn’t be a bad option to bring in if possible. He’s fit and scoring. Just what we need!!

If you watched him carefully during the Sunderland game, he was doing everything right.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Weird isn’t it? I still think he’s better than Lukaku. (Sorry for the OT).

I don't.....never have done.

Lukaku has far better movement.....however Benteke's confidence is shot.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

An interesting point.

I would have nothing against Bruce being „General Manager“ or DoF if it meant using his experience and advantages for the footballing side of the club.

As long as we had a „Coach“ Head Coach or whatever the title is who designated a playing style, picked the tactics and team, Choose player targets and took training (picking his assistants & coaching staff)

Bruce is finished as a manager, as an experienced figure at a club no. But dictating the football, well and truly bust.

i would buy that GH.....I think SB has had a steadying influence on the club, which is important given our past.....and he is well connected.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't.....never have done.

Lukaku has far better movement.....however Benteke's confidence is shot.

I agree his confidence is shot to pieces. Gutted for him really, perhaps he should’ve stayed with us longer and then got a move to a bigger club.