January transfer window 2018

Jareth

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Stan was our first signing under Lerner/MO'N at £8m I believe, followed by Agathe and Sutton on freebies.

First full summer transfer window. Lerner came late in the first window so wasn't much time for activity.  We also bought Carew and Young in Jan. 

But the summer time was the big expectation after our CEO at the time said expect big signings. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

First full summer transfer window. Lerner came late in the first window so wasn't much time for activity.  We also bought Carew and Young in Jan. 

But the summer time was the big expectation after our CEO at the time said expect big signings. 

Yes indeed Richard Fitzgerald stated World Class players would be arriving forcing the General to later come out and basically U-turn the statement and shortly threw it all Nicola Keyes way to deal with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The Swansea lad might be ideal.. but I would like to try for Ulloa on loan first?

We’ve already got a young kid upfront so id rather we get an experienced striker too. Ulloa would be ideal and we’d be able to get him in the summer. We need to have a striker who can hit the ground running. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villaglint said:

Cheeky bid for Drexler anyone? 

:ph34r:

Newcastle news: Aston Villa launch enquiry for Magpies target Dominick Drexler

ASTON VILLA have joined Newcastle United in the chase for Holstein Kiel ace Dominick Drexler.

By ALEX HARRIS

PUBLISHED: 14:33, Thu, Dec 7, 2017 | UPDATED: 14:38, Thu, Dec 7, 2017

Newcastle, Aston Villa and Cardiff fancy Holstein Kiel attacking midfielder Dominick Drexler

The 27-year-old attacking midfielder has been in sensational form for the Bundesliga 2 leaders this term, scoring eight goals and providing five assists in 16 appearances.

According to German publication Kicker, Newcastle have sent scouts to watch Drexler on numerous occasions.

But it’s claimed Villa are a step ahead with their interest, having put out feelers for his services.

Championship rivals Cardiff City have also made tentative enquiries.

Drexler, under contract with Holstein Kiel until 2019, has admitted a move to the Bundesliga would be a “dream”.

“I would be lying if I did not say that,” he said. 

“It is probably the dream of every footballer, and I'm now also old enough to appreciate how crazy it would be to play in the Bundesliga.

“Of course I listen to everything. But at the moment I can well imagine staying here for a very long time.”

Drexler played for Bayer Leverkusen, Rot-Weiß Erfurt, Greuther Furth and VfR Aalen before joining Holstein Kiel. 

#Villaglint ITK 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, villaglint said:

Before anyone gets carried away I'm really not

That’s totally what an ITK poster would say.  

Edit: I’ve never heard of Drexler, is he as good as Draxler?

Edited by alreadyexists

15 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

That’s totally what an ITK poster would say.  

Edit: I’ve never heard of Drexler, is he as good as Draxler?

The fact that he is 27 and playing for the mighty Holstein Kiel suggests to me he might be a bit shit

• Like 1