January transfer window 2018

Jareth

Krmencik just signed a new deal with Plzen till 2021, so I guess that means he is out of the running.

Kind of disappointing since he would have actually suited us, and as a Czech supporter it would have been good to see him challenge himself. 

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if there is any chance at all that Shane Long is available he would be the perfect signing for us. 

He can play anywhere across the line, is strong, quick, decent in the air and holds the ball up well. Doesn't score all that often, partly because he is employed in the wider position for Southampton, but plays an important team role. He's a players player.

Sounds like a certain 19 year old striker. 

I'd say Shane is a Long shot

Sorry!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if there is any chance at all that Shane Long is available he would be the perfect signing for us. 

He can play anywhere across the line, is strong, quick, decent in the air and holds the ball up well. Doesn't score all that often, partly because he is employed in the wider position for Southampton, but plays an important team role. He's a players player.

Always liked Shane Long - clever player and always seems to give 100%. I would worry about problems fitting in to the team ala Hogan or McCormack though maybe?

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why don't we just sign Benteke back and stop f****** around. 

How about we don't.

- The same Benteke who has not scored a goal all season?

- 1. Cause he is no longer the player we signed sadly, nor will he ever be like that again. He is finished.

- 2. And on the combined reasons above he would not be worth any fee Palace would ask for him.

There is better strikers out there and we want one where we don't piss up any precious funds on just any total arse donkey.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

How about we don't.

- 1. Cause he is no longer the player we signed sadly, nor will he ever be like that again. He is finished.

- 2. And on the combined reasons above he would not be worth any fee Palace would ask for him.

There is better strikers out there and we want one where we don't piss up any precious funds on just any total arse donkey.

So because he didn't score in the first 6 games he's finished? Last season he bagged 17 goals so I think your evaluation of him is extremely harsh.

I agree with the fee part though, Palace would want to recoup at least the transfer fee they paid Liverpool which is beyond our means in this league.

If we go up and they go down he might be an good option to consider.

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

How about we don't.

He isn't finished at all, just very low on confidence. If we went back up and he came home he would have the backing of all the fans. I think that alone we would see best of tekkers.

14 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I was thinking about Long as well and Bruce has signed him before, at Hull. 

Would fit in well I think. 

10 hours ago, Adbo9 said:

This one is striker related; How about Andy Carroll on loan if he is after a target man !!! Is he a regular at West Ham ?!? 

He's made of glass!

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

How about we don't.

Finished?? Pure cack fella. Pure fresh on the plate cack. Topped with cack, with a side of cack.

• Like 2

A lot of talk about Long. Is he really that out of favour at Southampton? I'm sure I saw him playing the other day. 

He's a very good player. I think it would be punching above our weight if we managed to get him in. But then again we did manage to get JT and Snod so who knows.