January transfer window 2018

Jareth

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ogbene has had a successful trial at Chelsea so they see something in him to loan out for next 5 seasons. Rumoured to also include Ipswich chasing him

Yay another young player for chelsea to ruin and never play for the club :angry:

• Like 1

Desperately need a striker in January. Young Davis looks shattered. We can't keep relying on the midfield and Adomah. 

36 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Ulloa or Adobe on loan for me

I went with a similar gag last time someone made the typo, but I'm going in again.  Sorry...

With the amount of focus now generated by the likes of Weinstein and Louis CK, the last thing we need is someone who associates with PDF files.

Apologies again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Been linked with James Wilson who has been injured for around 18months! Didn't really look that great at Brighton (5 in 25) or Derby (0 in 4) whilst on loan.

Hoping this is just paper rumours.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/885953/Manchester-United-James-Wilson-Aston-Villa-January-Transfer-News-EFL-Championship

He needs to pick up a striker in the mid-season sales but has next to nothing to spend. 

Jonathan Kodjia is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines while Scott Hogan - before his stomach operation - wasn’t exactly firing on all cylinders.

Keinan Davis has impressed in their absence but relying on a 19-year-old for a large chunk of the campaign would be foolish.

Bruce has admitted Villa’s injury problems means he could look to bring a striker to the club when the transfer window reopens.

However, Financial Fair Play restrictions means he will have to scour the loan market and owner Tony Xia has confirmed permanent deals are unlikely.

But Bruce could easily pick up a striker from one of his former clubs.

James Wilson, 21, has not featured for Manchester United since October 2015.

He spent time on loan at Derby County last term but a serious knee injury restricted him to just four appearances.

Wilson has returned to fitness, scoring three goals in seven appearances for United’s reserve team.

He turned down loan offers on deadline day in August and is targeting a January switch.

“I think it's certainly a possibility [a loan move away from United],” he said in October. 

“We'll just have to talk and have a few conversations with the manager and certain people around here. 

“I’m not ruling it out but we'll come to an agreement over what needs to be done.

Crucially for Villa, Wilson has Championship experience, scoring five goals in 25 appearances for Brighton in the 2015/16 campaign. 

His ability to play off the last man would also complement Davis’ powerful hold-up play. 

Reading are interested but Bruce could surely use his Old Trafford contacts to beat the Royals to a deal. 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Confused 1

Just now, sidcow said:

What's happened to Danny Ings, is he effectively finished now? 

Listening to Liverpool fan on the radio the other day, apparently Ings is fit and banging them for the U23's. 

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think Ulloa is the best bet for us and a loan seems likely. Been and done it already.

Plus he lives not too far already playing for Leicester.

Get it done Wyness.

Yes id happily take ulloa.

Him or ings. I stilm would love gayle though. I think if we signed him we go up

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just read that Charlie Adams contract is up in January?

Would he be good say until the end of the season as a Whelan/Jedi etc competitor?

Or do we have enough already?

He's not the same kind of player as them is he? (Genuinely wondering) - I thought he was more of playmaker. 

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's not the same kind of player as them is he? (Genuinely wondering) - I thought he was more of playmaker. 

You might be right, I remember he used to be renowned for some epic ball spraying (That sounds wrong).

However I just see his build in the article and think "Stockier Whelan" for some reason. lol