Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

19 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I think it’s 5, but may be wrong. Here’s a tidy stat from this weekend though -

I might show that to the bloke who sits next to me and has a fit of rage whenever Snodgrass touches the ball.

• Like 2

No surprises really, he's a very good player for us.  He should be in the PL at a solid mid-table club. 

The only thing that stops him being right at the top is his lack of pace. 

The kind of player I'll be happy to keep, should we go up :) 

59 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It depends on the price and he'd be 31 at the start of next season. We don't want any more players signed to high wage long term contracts that we can't get rid of. Now I don't think he's the type of player to turn out like Gabby or Richards but just because he's done well for us this season doesn't mean we should automatically keep him. Plenty more (younger) fish in the sea. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It depends on the price and he'd be 31 at the start of next season. We don't want any more players signed to high wage long term contracts that we can't get rid of. Now I don't think he's the type of player to turn out like Gabby or Richards but just because he's done well for us this season doesn't mean we should automatically keep him. Plenty more (younger) fish in the sea. 

Never had pace etc etc

Crouch signed a new deal today for that very reason.

On 28/11/2017 at 14:42, lapal_fan said:

The only thing that stops him being right at the top is his lack of pace. 

Definitely agree with the first part, not so sure about the second.

I think his lack of pace is a bit too much of an obstacle in the prem - he's good enough to make up for it in this league but he's never really been that good up there. If we go up, I don't think I'd sign him on a permanent deal tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Definitely agree with the first part, not so sure about the second.

I think his lack of pace is a bit too much of an obstacle in the prem - he's good enough to make up for it in this league but he's never really been that good up there. If we go up, I don't think I'd sign him on a permanent deal tbh.

Not sure I agree with that. Apart from at West Ham he has always had a healthy goal return at PL level. 

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not sure I agree with that. Apart from at West Ham he has always had a healthy goal return at PL level. 

True, although that was a couple of seasons ago now - he's just into his 30s, which as you know is a period of decline for wingers. 

If only we had a better striker to finish some of these chances. I think Davis has been doing well, except in the finishing department. I know Davis is young, but a goal every 7 matches in the championship is quite poor. 

Can't help but think a better striker would be scoring some of the chances Adomah and Snodgrass create. 

17 hours ago, Czechlad said:

If only we had a better striker to finish some of these chances. I think Davis has been doing well, except in the finishing department. I know Davis is young, but a goal every 7 matches in the championship is quite poor. 

Can't help but think a better striker would be scoring some of the chances Adomah and Snodgrass create. 

He certainly reminds me of heskey. if he could score more he could be a 20m striker in next few years if he continues as he has. his finishing is very poor i have to say but what he brings to the team is vital. wouldnt mind so much if we had a striker e.g hogan scoring goals while davis won the flick ons 

Very poor last night, demonstrated absolutely no quality on the ball whatsoever. I find him quite annoying, he's clearly very talented (at this level), but he needs to be more consistent, for every good performance there's seemingly a poor one round the corner, he really does need to do more. 

Someone above made a great point that if we do go up we absolutely should not sign him, too inconsistent and doesn't have enough pace for the Premier League. 

Poor game last night and on a different day (and with more options on the bench) he may well have not seen out the full 90. After his performances of late we can probably forgive him a poor game. Don't make a habit out of it! He still got around but isolated a lot in the first half and his quality on the ball left him for the night, set piece delivery and all.

Â