Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

I don't get it that some say he wont cut it in the Premier League. He has already done that, he had a great first half of a season with Hull that warranted a fairly big money move to West Ham where he was supposed to replace Payet. Now that it didn't go well for him at West Ham doesn't make him a bad player. I think he is real quality and has been in most of our games. He had a spell where he was below par, like when he played with injured ribs or what it was. He is not the fastest, but he is a very intelligent player. He is one of few who always wants the ball, has really good technique and is able to pick out passes. Does he have 6 assists already or what is it? His set plays are quality as well and he works hard for the team, you often see him tracking back helping out the full back. I was really glad to see him score a couple yesterday. He is exactly the player Grealish needs, someone to pass and move with, someone who understands the runs and picks out passes instead of just kicking it forward. If we are unhappy with Snodgrass, remember the times when we have had Hutton as make shift RW or Bacuna playing there! I don't think there are many better RW in the division than Snodgrass. I think we should count ourselves really lucky that he wanted to drop down a division and play for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I don't get it that some say he wont cut it in the Premier League. He has already done that, he had a great first half of a season with Hull that warranted a fairly big money move to West Ham where he was supposed to replace Payet. Now that it didn't go well for him at West Ham doesn't make him a bad player. I think he is real quality and has been in most of our games. He had a spell where he was below par, like when he played with injured ribs or what it was. He is not the fastest, but he is a very intelligent player. He is one of few who always wants the ball, has really good technique and is able to pick out passes. Does he have 6 assists already or what is it? His set plays are quality as well and he works hard for the team, you often see him tracking back helping out the full back. I was really glad to see him score a couple yesterday. He is exactly the player Grealish needs, someone to pass and move with, someone who understands the runs and picks out passes instead of just kicking it forward. If we are unhappy with Snodgrass, remember the times when we have had Hutton as make shift RW or Bacuna playing there! I don't think there are many better RW in the division than Snodgrass. I think we should count ourselves really lucky that he wanted to drop down a division and play for us.

Agree with most of that, but to his set pieces are just woeful and why he was allowed to keep taking them was just infuriating...

I thought he was half decent in the prem, but because he's only an average premier league player, inconsistency was a problem. Honestly thought we had made a great loan signing, but it's not quite happened for him. Hopefully yesterday is a taste of what's more to come. If we were to go up, would he be worth signing permanently? Well that depends on what ambitions we have if we were to go up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I thought he was half decent in the prem, but because he's only an average premier league player, inconsistency was a problem. Honestly thought we had made a great loan signing, but it's not quite happened for him. Hopefully yesterday is a taste of what's more to come. If we were to go up, would he be worth signing permanently? Well that depends on what ambitions we have if we were to go up. 

I don't know about great, but he's definitely been a worthy loan signing. Five goals and six assists so far, which means that after Adomah, he's been our second most productive player. His overall play could've been better, but we need goals and assists much more.

Edited by AVTuco

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I don't know about great, but he's definitely been a worthy loan signing. Five goals and six assists so far, which means that after Adomah, he's been our second most productive player. His overall play could've been better, but we need goals and assists much more.

What I meant was, that it should of been a great signing at this level. Although the stats say he's doing ok, we could do with more from him, and I expect a bit more from his overall play. He's been awful lately. 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What I meant was, that it should of been a great signing at this level. Although the stats say he's doing ok, we could do with more from him, and I expect a bit more from his overall play. He's been awful lately. 

Yeah, not a great Dec for him, I agree.  

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I only know his Premiere league pedigree from my West Ham supporting mate and his words were "He's absolute pony", he messaged me last night and said "Snodders has found his level", can't really disagree in all honesty. Personally, from what I've seen, he's a perfect fit for us at the moment, not sure he'll have a part to play if we're promoted.

13 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

I only know his Premiere league pedigree from my West Ham supporting mate and his words were "He's absolute pony", he messaged me last night and said "Snodders has found his level", can't really disagree in all honesty. Personally, from what I've seen, he's a perfect fit for us at the moment, not sure he'll have a part to play if we're promoted.

I always thought he was ok ish. Well I'm hoping if we get promoted we show some ambition. 

1 hour ago, Hoof hearted said:

If they ain't Di Canio then they are shite. This is a set of fans who thought Lampard was dog muck.

Â