Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

26 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Is he injured? Genuine question. 

A few months back he looked like he was slowly starting to build some form. But ever since that rib thing he's been absolute garbage. Wondering if he ever really got over it. 

Clutching at straws I'm sure. 

I am guessing he is still injured, didn't help matters than he had a couple of injections in his rib to play against Wednesday( IIRC) and Bruce thanked him by dragging him off after half hour and humiliating him.

Anyways, he is another one where the FA cup week couldn't come soon enough. Has been well off the pace recently which is unlike him. Say what you want about his performances, he has always put a shift in up until the last few weeks.

I am still not a fan. Good on him for scoring a few goals and assists.. hes doing better than most.. but i dont think he should be an automatic starter. Doesnt look fit enough to me. Would like to see him more centrally too. Maybe when Green returns? Think hes a tidy player.. but out wide he just doesnt have the pace or the consistency in crossing the ball. Should never be our first choice set piece taker. Especially on free kicks. Hourihane has deserved to have first go. 

This whole lacking in experience thing that has haunted us for a few years - well he's kind of the antidote for me.

Hardly the best thing I could say about him but he buys fouls when we're under the cosh and that sort of thing. Runs the clock down a bit, takes the sting out of situations. We have genuinely lacked someone like that. It endears him to me I have to say.

Canny player (ok, ok maybe after yesterday it's canny cross!).

Hard to believe just a year ago he was one of the top scorers in the premier league, which earned him a big money move to WHU. 

I spent the whole summer banging on about how we should try to get him so was absolutely delighted when we did, he's done ok.. but i was expecting a lot more.. maybe its down to tactics. Pretty much every player in the team has played better at other clubs before joining us but I'm not going to go off topic as tempting as what the next line would lead to. 

One of our best players so far this season. The only player we have that use the inside of his head, make a clecver pass and score a goal. Not fit enogh for the PL. But he could end up in the all stars team, if we get promotion. 

4 hours ago, villa82 said:

One of our best players so far this season. The only player we have that use the inside of his head, make a clecver pass and score a goal. Not fit enogh for the PL. But he could end up in the all stars team, if we get promotion. 

I highly doubt that. Far far too inconsistent, is good 1 in 5

18 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He was poor for large spells today, but very good for the goal. He's keeping up with his 1 in 5 ratio of delivering something for us. Bottom line is that he needs to do more, lets hope this kicks off a good run for him.

I think he's been terrible for most of the season and the goal does not paper over those cracks for me. 

I cannot see whatever positives others seem to see in him. 

And he should never ever be allowed to take another free kick ever again. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Are you being serious here? 

Yep, along with Chester and Sam, but after Albert. Some others have played ok too, but missed games (Terry, Grealish). Snodgrass have not been great, and I do not want him in the PL, if we get there. Not many players I trust in the PL.

He has been very hit and miss since he got here, more hit than miss the last month. I'd have personally dropped him yesterday which shows what I know as he played quite well and obviously got the goal.

He needs to be more consistent in his performances but there is no doubt when on top of his game he is a very good player at this level.

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think he's been terrible for most of the season and the goal does not paper over those cracks for me. 

I cannot see whatever positives others seem to see in him. 

He's just had a bad month. To me it is of no surprise that it's about the time Villa has struggled as a whole. Adomah's been just as bad.

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Even when it lands right on Jedinaks head for us to score?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Even when it lands right on Jedinaks head for us to score?

No because that doesn't make up for 60 others being squandered which might have resulted in 10 ending up on someone's head to score. 

12 hours ago, villa82 said:

Not for me: poor player

Poor set-pieces

Poor fitness

No tracking back

Predictable on the ball

Stupid cards

Huge ego as wont play left wing

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Â