Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

His fitness is shocking

Is it just me or does he look like he's carrying a bit of timber? He's got the Wayne rooney build anyway, and probably a similar attitude towards looking after himself and diet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Is it just me or does he look like he's carrying a bit of timber? He's got the Wayne rooney build anyway, and probably a similar attitude towards looking after himself and diet.

75 percent of that is probably in his head to be fair.

• Haha 1

Has never had pace, he isn't going to run from deep and beat people. You need to get the ball into his feet in areas where he can do damage. We don't do that, we don't work the ball in the opposition half, we don't pass well and allow people to get in advanced positions. We just hoof it.

Against Burton we saw what he could do, we played 4 4 2 and Davis held the ball up superbly allowing Snodgrass to run onto the ball in dangerous areas.  4 4 2 works best, I have no idea why Bruce is now dicking around with the ineffectual 4 5 1 YET AGAIN!!!

• Like 3

Burton game was very different. Blues are a more physical, faster team and that really didn't suit Snodgrass because they doubled up on him and tenaciously nipped away until they got the ball. The other wide outlet on the right, Elmo, is also not blessed with pace either and we were always going to struggle there. 

Think hes been pretty good for us. One of our better players this season and actually carries a bit of a goal threat/attacking intent which has been lacking from our midfield since the MON days. We certainly don't have anyone better at the moment to play in his position.

4 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Think hes been pretty good for us. One of our better players this season and actually carries a bit of a goal threat/attacking intent which has been lacking from our midfield since the MON days. We certainly don't have anyone better at the moment to play in his position.

He has been good for us, that goes without question IMO. He does have his limitations though, which is why I suspect he's not cut it consistently in the prem. 

Im not overly impressed with him. Had one good game when he scored and got an assist (burton?) 

Other than that hes wasteful and loses the ball too often. Prefer Adomah out right and Green back to left when hes back or even Grealish if Green isnt fit. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Has never had pace, he isn't going to run from deep and beat people. You need to get the ball into his feet in areas where he can do damage. We don't do that, we don't work the ball in the opposition half, we don't pass well and allow people to get in advanced positions. We just hoof it.

Against Burton we saw what he could do, we played 4 4 2 and Davis held the ball up superbly allowing Snodgrass to run onto the ball in dangerous areas.  4 4 2 works best, I have no idea why Bruce is now dicking around with the ineffectual 4 5 1 YET AGAIN!!!

Something to do with going 4-4-2 against Wolves and getting spanked maybe? 

Flooding the midfield is never a bad idea when we're supposed to have good wingers/strikers (4-3-3 when attacking y'know!). 

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Something to do with going 4-4-2 against Wolves and getting spanked maybe? 

Flooding the midfield is never a bad idea when we're supposed to have good wingers/strikers (4-3-3 when attacking y'know!). 

So one result and the previous months worth goes out the window.

Blues were there for the taking.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

I don't disagree. 

It was always going to be scrappy though, so I can see why he did that. 

It was 0-0, on another day Jota scores, they score a couple from those scrappy 18 yard box shots, we score a Kodja header and the two shots off the bar, it's 3-3 or any other combination of those numbers. 

I think we were unlucky not to win.  We didn't dominate, which is what people are unhappy with, and that's fine - but we still could have won.

That free kick on 90+7 was shit too :lol:  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think they'd see it that way and I don't think that reflects the reality of the situation. 'There for the taking' for me implies that they were a soft touch who were going to roll over, when the fight they had in them was there for all to see. 

I'd say he has been decent, not good, overall at least. Some really good flashes but he hasn't hit the level I expect. I expect him to standout consistently as one of the best players at this level, he isn't doing that. For instance yesterday Jota, despite his horrific miss, looked a lot better.

Â