Josh Onomah

skarroki

On 19/11/2017 at 15:37, VanDerVaart said:

I would be surprised if we sold him, he's rated very highly by the club.

There was a story going around that Pochettino wasn't impressed with his attitude upon returning from the U20 World Cup(where he was one of the standout performers), apparently Onomah came back a little too confident and that was one of the deciding factors in allowing him to go on loan. 

I do still think that you're not even seeing half the player

I hope you don't sell him as I don't want him here after this season.

In too many games now we are not seeing him at all.

I can see the attitude thing coming back from U23 being all Charlie big potatoes and then slapped down to earth very heavily.

Personally I do not think we are going to see him change anytime soon and the only person doing damage here is himself to his own career led by the attitude that we see too much of in today's game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vincenzo said:

A world class player that is, lets face it too good to be playing for us in the championship...that’s what he thinks anyway imo... he gives that impression

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

How have you come to that conclusion?

Body language. 

With CC being such a tiny place my seat in row 3 wasn't far from the touch line  ... so from my view point of being about 10 feet away from him  ,  there was a ball that came into him that the Fulham player was committed to and was going to always draw a foul ( like a sort of Alan Hutton tackle where you win the ball but you also take a bit of the man with it )   ... Onomah managed to avoid that situation by simply pulling out of the tackle  and Fulham came out with possession for a ball they should never have won

and that seems to sort of sum him up for us , I just don't think he'd committed to the cause  and I'd rather not see him in the shirt again 

• Like 1

I came to that conclusion totally against Peterborough where he gave the ball away or was dispossessed and just stood there or the numerous games he has come on in recently fresh as a daisy and just walked around whilst we are trying desperately to see a game out.
Get rid of him.

Once again we scapegoat a player...

He was poor on Saturday, but then he was playing in a position that doesn't suit him. He's a centre midfielder however we barely ever play him there which is why we don't see the best from him. With Grealish out tomorrow we need to play him through the middle to carry the ball forward for us. Granted he's not as good as Grealish but he's our best option for this currently, especially with O'Hare looking unlikely to be in the squad. If we play someone like Lansbury or Jedinak with Bjarnasson then the team is too defensive and we struggle to get out.

Onomah started the season really well for us but he has been limited to 10/20 minute spells here and there, or being played in the completely wrong position, left wing, striker etc. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

He was poor on Saturday, but then he was playing in a position that doesn't suit him. He's a centre midfielder however we barely ever play him there which is why we don't see the best from him. With Grealish out tomorrow we need to play him through the middle to carry the ball forward for us. Granted he's not as good as Grealish but he's our best option for this currently, especially with O'Hare looking unlikely to be in the squad. If we play someone like Lansbury or Jedinak with Bjarnasson then the team is too defensive and we struggle to get out.

Onomah started the season really well for us but he has been limited to 10/20 minute spells here and there, or being played in the completely wrong position, left wing, striker etc. 

Too lazy, no commitment and we cant afford yet another half arsed display when we need the points.

No point doing something fancy then losing it and sranding around looking to blame someone else.

Not scape goating, its seeing everyone else busting a gut and him mincing around.

Just now, brummybloke said:

Too lazy, no commitment and we cant afford yet another half arsed display when we need the points.

No point doing something fancy then losing it and sranding around looking to blame someone else.

Not scape goating, its seeing everyone else busting a gut and him mincing around.

Should we play a Midfield 3 of

Snodgrass    Bjarnason     Grabban

With Lansbury playing the AMC role?

31 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Disagree. He has had ample appearances, far more than is given to our own youngsters, and has not grasped the chance. It is only scapegoating if it is unfair, in his case it is very fair.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

He has had enough chances, but not taken any of them. Time for Lansbury to step up...

• Like 1

He reminds me of that kid on the school yard who owns the ball and will only play with his friends and how he wants, if things change they take their ball home. He obviously wants to play as a box to box midfielder, but he isnt good enough, so gets pushed higher up or to the bench. He doesn’t like this so throws his toys out and doesn’t try.

Â