Josh Onomah

skarroki

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This kid attracts a weird amount of stick.

Did absolutely fine when he came on today. Him and Whelan definitely the scapegoats at the moment.

They all swap places as form goes up and down

On 1/31/2018 at 22:59, KSV said:

Still not a fan. Dont see what he does and just appears like he doesnt care. He probably cant wait to go back to Spurs. 

Really? He is quite a talented young man, and if we didn't have Grealish would be starting on merit for me.

Could be true, what you say about his attitude, he's young afterall and I wouldn't have a clue if he is a grinder or a princess, although undoubtedly talented.

He will have a hard time making a case for Spurs. Their midfield is so young and skilled. One of the best in England for the next 10 years, from front to back, starters to bench.

I was actually hoping we might play him at CM ahead of or alongside one of Lansbury or Hourihane, as Grealish has AM on lock.

Providing that he would get enough game time to develop, I wouldn't be against us making this one a permanent signing.

• Like 1

I think you have to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, to win fans over.....i don't think he has quite done that just yet.

but i like his presence and his ability to resist being pushed around....which is something at this level with poor referree's.

I am far from giving up on him, just needs to offer a bit more in terms of effectiveness.

I think he will get there.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Surprised nothing has been said about his influence yesterday. 

Yes he appears to be a bit languid and yes he has a face like a smacked arse but then he will pull moments of brilliance out the bag and you can see why he's so highly rated. That link up with Grealish was sublime and there wasn't another player on the pitch who could have kept up with Jack there. 

He has played his part and will continue to do so I'm sure. 

That link up was (imo) the best bit of play I’ve seen from players in a villa shirt in a long time

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I still don't think he is anywhere near enough good enough for spurs 

2011  Leyton Orient (loan) 18 (5)
2012  Millwall (loan) 22 (7)
2012–2013  Norwich City (loan) 3 (0)
2013  Leicester City (loan) 13 (2

I am sure fans of them clubs said the same when they had Kane on loan

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I still don't think he is anywhere near enough good enough for spurs 

Personally I don’t think he’s good enough for Villa either hence becoming a bit part player under Bruce and he’s not as highly rated at Spurs as some might think.

Spoken to a Spurs fan about him who doesn’t rate him at all and in the games I’ve seen him play in (admittedly not all) he has been generally poor.

Not one of the loanees I’d want to keep wherever Villa are playing next season.

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He could turn out okay but I think he has been very average in s lot of games. Done very well in others but not done near enough for me to be in the spurs team. They have some excellent cms at spurs 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

You're probably right. I don't see how that applies to Onomah though, Kane's development was unusual. 

Onomah simply isn't ready for the championship let alone the premier league. He has some nice touches here and there but has no idea how to defend or impose himself on an opponent, he can't dominate a midfield and often looks lost. He's fast, very skilful has a decent eye for a pass but he's inconsistent. I'd much rather have André Green in the team and that's not just because he's one of our own.

I'm not writing him off completely, he's still quite young, but I don't think he's close to being the big talent Spurs think he is 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, striker said:

Personally I don’t think he’s good enough for Villa either hence becoming a bit part player under Bruce and he’s not as highly rated at Spurs as some might think.

Spoken to a Spurs fan about him who doesn’t rate him at all and in the games I’ve seen him play in (admittedly not all) he has been generally poor.

Not one of the loanees I’d want to keep wherever Villa are playing next season.

Based on one Spurs fans views?

For the positions he plays, he needs to be more consistent and have more influence on games.

I am not sure he is even good enough for us in the Championship, never mind Spurs in the Premier League.

His body language, to me, isn't right. I don't know if he thinks he is too good for us or if he thinks he has already got it made.

He certainly has the attributes, and has shown flashes of what he might be capable of. But he needs to show a lot more if he thinks he can get into the Spurs team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Based on one Spurs fans views?

And his mates he goes to games with.

I haven't seen much from him to warrant a place and Bruce really isn't playing him that much so maybe it isn't just me and Spurs fans that think he isn't good enough?

Would love to see him improve though to give Villa better options through the middle but at the moment I doubt it.  

I like him. he has had a tendency to go missing in games but when he's played further up the pitch I think he's shown he can link up well with Grealish. He's young and definitely still developing but I'd like to keep him involved.

• Like 2

Â