Josh Onomah

skarroki

@dn1982 re the lad at Cardiff - there was quite a stink kicked up about that, I have never seen actual evidence of something like that before, though I am sure it goes on. I'm just not convinced it has gone on in the case of Onomah. 

Onomah seems to be universally disliked, but I have been fortunate enough to see him have a few really good games for us - notably against Bristol, Preston, QPR and Ipswich. His form went into the toilet and he has started one game in a month against Boro, presumably for his physical attributes and because Grealish had picked up a knock. 

I don't think Bruce has been picking Onomah because he is obliged to, if there were any financial obligation it would have came out in the wash now. If they wanted to recall him because he isn;t playing, 10 minutes at the end of games isn't going to convince them otherwise. I simply think Steve Bruce rates him much higher than most of us do, but I'm happy to listen to any actual evidence otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

@dn1982 re the lad at Cardiff - there was quite a stink kicked up about that, I have never seen actual evidence of something like that before, though I am sure it goes on. I'm just not convinced it has gone on in the case of Onomah. 

Onomah seems to be universally disliked, but I have been fortunate enough to see him have a few really good games for us - notably against Bristol, Preston, QPR and Ipswich. His form went into the toilet and he has started one game in a month against Boro, presumably for his physical attributes and because Grealish had picked up a knock. 

I don't think Bruce has been picking Onomah because he is obliged to, if there were any financial obligation it would have came out in the wash now. If they wanted to recall him because he isn;t playing, 10 minutes at the end of games isn't going to convince them otherwise. I simply think Steve Bruce rates him much higher than most of us do, but I'm happy to listen to any actual evidence otherwise. 

He’s a young kid who will have ups and downs and We’ve been playing him out of position. I’d rather play our kids and give them the same leeway to have awful games.  I think if he could play at a tempo he’d a decent CM but he looks lacklustre at times but as I say he’s never bombed for what ever reason. We initially got him because of Grealish being injured apparently but he’s back now so either drop him deeper or let him go. I’d rather Green be back up winger and OHare back up 10. As I says Green is fully fit now and flying so let’s see if they’d get picked on merit 

5 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

He’s a young kid who will have ups and downs and We’ve been playing him out of position. I’d rather play our kids and give them the same leeway to have awful games.  I think if he could play at a tempo he’d a decent CM but he looks lacklustre at times but as I say he’s never bombed for what ever reason. We initially got him because of Grealish being injured apparently but he’s back now so either drop him deeper or let him go. I’d rather Green be back up winger and OHare back up 10. As I says Green is fully fit now and flying so let’s see if they’d get picked on merit 

Well since Grealish has come back to full fitness he has been dropped - from the first XI completely. Also I think you could scour B6 on any given match day and you won't find a bigger fan of Andre Green than me, so I hope that happens. 

Still hoping spurs recall him 

he’s not committed to us and it shows in his play , Snodgrass isn’t one of ours and look at the way he lays down for the cause , Onomah can go back to his delusions  that he’s gonna make it at Spurs 

I think he thinks he is to good for this league and doesn't have to put in the effort. 

Fingers crossed he gets recalled but id be surprised Spurs do given his performances.

Break the bank, I wouldn't break by 4 year olds piggy bank for him

I don't get why anyone would want him to be recalled?!

He played well when he came on and helped vary our play and break down Sheff Utd.

Would you rather we bring on Whelan into the midfield late in a game?

Baffles me how we win games yet still find something to complain about.

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

I don't get why anyone would want him to be recalled?!

He played well when he came on and helped vary our play and break down Sheff Utd.

Would you rather we bring on Whelan into the midfield late in a game?

Baffles me how we win games yet still find something to complain about.

Well I didn't think he played well. He was lucky he got a free one time when he headed off with the ball towards our goal and lost it.

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This kid attracts a weird amount of stick.

Did absolutely fine when he came on today. Him and Whelan definitely the scapegoats at the moment.

Yeah I don't get it. He made us so much better and Sheff Utd barely had a sniff when he came on. We looked much more solid and he won the ball in key areas. 

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This kid attracts a weird amount of stick.

Did absolutely fine when he came on today. Him and Whelan definitely the scapegoats at the moment.

Hogan started scoring, Bjarnason playing well and Elphick gone. 

Was always a couple of spots going ;)

Â