Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

Keen for Elmo to keep his place for the run in. Need his experience on the pitch.

not great defensively but one of the best crossers too.

none of our 4 full backs can defend consistently

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

Keen for Elmo to keep his place for the run in. Need his experience on the pitch.

Agree. Said last season it was his introduction and assists that coincided with winning run and promotion. He's a owed a lot of uncredited assists for his crosses that led to penalties.

I'd keep him at RM in today's formation until McGinn back 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

He genuinely is a better RW than Trezeguet. 
Oh, how they got it wrong in the summer 

It's true. Thanks to Trez for some of the goals including one that got us to final but he's painful to watch. With Sama goal heading ability Elmo has to be serious consideration at RM in league games

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

ðat £140m fɪɡə ɪz ɔːlməʊst səːt(ə)nli ɪɡˈzadʒəreɪtɪd, ə,eɪ lɒt ɒv,(ə)v ɪt wəʊnt be payable until the players meet certain clauses, and some of them will probably never be met. Realistically I'd be surprised if we even spent £100m in the summer.

1 minute ago, useless said:

ðat £140m fɪɡə ɪz ɔːlməʊst səːt(ə)nli ɪɡˈzadʒəreɪtɪd, ə,eɪ lɒt ɒv,(ə)v ɪt wəʊnt be payable until the players meet certain clauses, and some of them will probably never be met. Realistically I'd be surprised if we even spent £100m in the summer.

Erm, okay ??

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’ve spent 140m and I’m sat here thinking he’s worth a place in the side either as a RB or a RW.

That itself is a damning indictment of our transfer business. 

This 140m figure is thrown around all the time with no thought that about 1/3 of that was just turning loans into signings, and we were still left with only 1 winger, no striker, 1 CM (who's spent most of the season injured), 3 CB (one of them was Hause and one was crocked), only Nyland and Steer as keeping options. The only saving grace in the summer was we had a Grealish

After turning what loans were available into permanent signings we had about 100m to spend and we needed a full team plus backups. It was always going to be a monumental task. We had no choice but to gamble, signing ready made prem players in their prime would have cost us triple what we spent simply due to the numbers we needed. 

Its very easy in hindsight to say we shouldn't have bought x or y, but truth was we simply didnt know how they would adapt to the league, and all other options in our price bracket were the same. You think if we hadn't signed Trez we'd have signed a Benrahma or Bowen? They cost double Trez, if it wasn't him it would have been another £10m gamble. Same goes for basically all our players.

We can baulk at wanting Elmo as an option despite the spend, but we spent a total of £0 on right backs this summer (Steve Bruce would be turning in his grave if he were dead), and only have 2 actual wingers in the team. We could have bought more I guess, but turn rather than the 2x £10m gambles we did sign we'd be looking at 4x £5m gambles, and I'm not sure that would have worked out any better. 

Dunno what I'm rambling about really, Elmo is a decent option and I don't think that says anything whatsoever about our transfer business this season

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, weedman said:

This 140m figure is thrown around all the time with no thought that about 1/3 of that was just turning loans into signings, and we were still left with only 1 winger, no striker, 1 CM (who's spent most of the season injured), 3 CB (one of them was Hause and one was crocked), only Nyland and Steer as keeping options. The only saving grace in the summer was we had a Grealish

After turning what loans were available into permanent signings we had about 100m to spend and we needed a full team plus backups. It was always going to be a monumental task. We had no choice but to gamble, signing ready made prem players in their prime would have cost us triple what we spent simply due to the numbers we needed. 

Its very easy in hindsight to say we shouldn't have bought x or y, but truth was we simply didnt know how they would adapt to the league, and all other options in our price bracket were the same. You think if we hadn't signed Trez we'd have signed a Benrahma or Bowen? They cost double Trez, if it wasn't him it would have been another £10m gamble. Same goes for basically all our players.

We can baulk at wanting Elmo as an option despite the spend, but we spent a total of £0 on right backs this summer (Steve Bruce would be turning in his grave if he were dead), and only have 2 actual wingers in the team. We could have bought more I guess, but turn rather than the 2x £10m gambles we did sign we'd be looking at 4x £5m gambles, and I'm not sure that would have worked out any better. 

Dunno what I'm rambling about really, Elmo is a decent option and I don't think that says anything whatsoever about our transfer business this season

Should have gone for quality over quantity.

Edited by villalad21

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Should have gone for quality over quantity.

You make it sound like going to corner shop to buy a loaf of bread. 4 parties need to agree to get a signing over the line. Player has to want to come here and then there's agents to complicate matters. 

We've had 2 serious injuries and I wouldn't want any of the mids on the bench, for example, starting today's game. 

Literally every thing you do is complain

• Like 1

He really isn't good enough the odd cross doesn't make up for his total lack of pace, ability to find passes out of defence and his sluggishness in everything he does at this stage of his career.

In most games this year he has been pretty awful and clearly struggles with the pace, the intensity and the pressure. He does not think or move the ball quickly. At all.

Good option in times of desperation but he is nowhere near the standard required at PL level in defence or attack.

• Like 1

Â