Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

I like Elmo, he's clearly an sgin player with his own limitations, but has been a good servant to the club, lots of assists (one at Wembley last year, another one to get us there this year) and even as a squad player he has something to offer. As much as I see today's result as 2 points lost, rather than one point gained, I feel some sort of pride in him for contributing towards it. Top bloke

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WooJung said:

I like Elmo, he's clearly an sgin player with his own limitations, but has been a good servant to the club, lots of assists (one at Wembley last year, another one to get us there this year) and even as a squad player he has something to offer. As much as I see today's result as 2 points lost, rather than one point gained, I feel some sort of pride in him for contributing towards it. Top bloke

Hands up I didn't want him. Always struck me as average when playing for Sunderland and Hull and thought it was Steve Bruce just helping out an old friend. Giving a 30 year old a three year deal always seemed typical us.

Proved me wrong though and if we go down I think it's a stick on we give him another 12 months in the manner we did with Hutton at end of 15/16. Experienced and he can also cover a few positions which is important in 46 game league.

What I like about him is his mentality. Middle of last season he had a really bad run of form (was awful in the Leeds 3-2 game) yet got focused again and played really well in the run in. Also liked his post match interview yesterday.

If we had more players with his mentality in the squad we'd be outside the bottom 3 I suspect.

Edited by VillaChris

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta love Elmo man. Zaha in his pocket and whipping in crosses like Beckham in his pomp. Really should have been playing this whole time, you can notice the difference when an actual right back is there.

• Like 3

Elmo is currently the only one of our players I relate to. And it's not because he hasn't played. I've been supporting him all the way, and thought he should've gotten a chance after the goal he scored. Should play ahead of Gilbert or Konsa.

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Elmo is currently the only one of our players I relate to. And it's not because he hasn't played. I've been supporting him all the way, and thought he should've gotten a chance after the goal he scored. Should play ahead of Gilbert or Konsa.

All season we've blamed lack of PL experience and Elmo been here all along 🤣

• Like 3

Has got a lot of stick in the past. Under appreciated and valued imo, does everything well if not spectacular. Cool and experienced head we need at the moment, never seems flustered. They fact he has been here what 3 years and only has 80 pages I think underlines his consistency.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Has got a lot of stick in the past. Under appreciated and valued imo, does everything well if not spectacular. Cool and experienced head we need at the moment, never seems flustered. They fact he has been here what 3 years and only has 80 pages I think underlines his consistency.

He had a shocking run of form around xmas in the championship season, remember that Leeds kid taking him to the cleaners second half in the 3-2 game (whatever happened to him btw) and he was poor in other games. What really impressed me was his mental strength and he was solid for us in the run in and set up the first in the play off final.

Good mentality. If we had more of those in our squad we'd be out of the bottom 3.

He's actually a full back, which helps.

He's never been amazing, but he knows what he's doing and crucially he can cross a ball.

When your other wide players are Neil taylor, Trezeguet and El Ghazi, it's pretty crucial to have someone who can actually cross on the pitch

• Like 1

Â