Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

I think he has been an very underrated for us .He cost I think 1 million I have always liked his attitude.

He had a very good partnership with Snodgrass in 18/19 season and was always making overlapping runs which helped create space for others.Lets not forget he provided the cross for El gazi in play off final.He is probably the best at crossing at the club at the moment.

We often overlook consistent performers and only realise the contribution they make when they leave.I think Taylor(although not as good)is similar .Taylor has been excellent defensively recently.  

Having players like Elmo who cost very little always the club to spend more on other quality players.

Edited by Only2McInallys

Can’t help but feel Smiths really missed a trick with Elmo and Trez for the majority of this season.

Easy to say after a result like today I know but they obviously enjoy playing together and are perhaps more likely to work hard for each other.

Plus Elmo is one of the few players we have with ample PL experience and he has a wicked cross in him at times.

Ah well, ifs and buts I guess.

46 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can’t help but feel Smiths really missed a trick with Elmo and Trez for the majority of this season.

Easy to say after a result like today I know but they obviously enjoy playing together and are perhaps more likely to work hard for each other.

Plus Elmo is one of the few players we have with ample PL experience and he has a wicked cross in him at times.

Ah well, ifs and buts I guess.

First game away at Spurs and they looked very promising together. Shame it hasn't materalized enough. Will never forget the LC semifinal winner, Elmo to Trez!

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

First game away at Spurs and they looked very promising together. Shame it hasn't materalized enough. Will never forget the LC semifinal winner, Elmo to Trez!

Three times now they've combined for a goal from memory, semi final as you say, yesterday and the away game at Chelsea.

I like Smith, 12 months ago I was probably in love with the guy but I am starting to question a lot of decisions at the moment.

It is a bit strange as early doors this season Deano was making a concerted effort to get Elmo's experience on the pitch against top teams.

I do wonder why he hasn't since the restart. Hause and Mings was not the way to go.

Cant help but feel if we had Elmo and Targett on the pitch we would have maybe snuck a few more goals and maybe a winner or two.

He isn't the best. He probably isnt a PL player at this stage but he keeps the ball somewhat, is a very calm head, is a talker and a leader and he can Mr. Whippy it into the box.

9 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Does anyone have the stats between winning in the past couple of years with or without Elmo starting?

In the league (Prem in brackets), play offs also included:

Elmo starts 81 games (9)

Wins 42 (2)

Draws 16 (0)

Defeats 23 (7)

Elmo comes on as a sub 20 games (7)

Wins 6 (1)

Draws 9 (3)

Defeats 5 (3)

Elmo doesn't feature 32 games (19)

Wins 7 (5)

Draws 9 (3)

Defeats 16 (11)

So when he starts, we have a 51.85% win ratio (47.52% in all games he features including sub appearances) and when he doesn't feature at all, we have a 21.88% win ratio.

In the Premier League, our win ratio when he starts is 22.22% and 26.32% when he doesn't feature. His starts have come against Spurs (A), Bournemouth (H), Chelsea (A), Leicester (H), Norwich (H), Watford (A), Man City (H), Leicester (H), Palace (H).

I also looked at cup games

Elmo starts 6 games

Wins 4

Draws 0

Defeats 2

Elmo comes on as a sub 2 games

Wins 1

Draws 0

Defeats 1

Elmo doesn't feature 7 games

Wins 3

Draws 1

Defeats 3

Win ratio when he starts in cups is 66.7% and when he doesn't feature it is 42.86%

Overall win ratio when Elmo starts: 52.87%

Overall win ratio when Elmo features: 48.62%

Overall win ratio when Elmo doesn't feature: 25.64%

He should play in our next three for my money!

NB. he started in each of our 10 match winning run last season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He has done okay for us and has a great delivery, but at the start of the season the French right-back (whose name has completely evaded me) did look look like a decent upgrade given his energy and his willingness to get up and down, and try and get balls into the box. However, from christmas ish onwards there has been a steep downward slope with the whole of defence to the point that, erm, him, was dropped and even if back fit he'd be behind Konsa and Elmohamady now.

15 hours ago, chappy said:

In the league (Prem in brackets), play offs also included:

Elmo starts 81 games (9)

Wins 42 (2)

Draws 16 (0)

Defeats 23 (7)

Elmo comes on as a sub 20 games (7)

Wins 6 (1)

Draws 9 (3)

Defeats 5 (3)

Elmo doesn't feature 32 games (19)

Wins 7 (5)

Draws 9 (3)

Defeats 16 (11)

So when he starts, we have a 51.85% win ratio (47.52% in all games he features including sub appearances) and when he doesn't feature at all, we have a 21.88% win ratio.

In the Premier League, our win ratio when he starts is 22.22% and 26.32% when he doesn't feature. His starts have come against Spurs (A), Bournemouth (H), Chelsea (A), Leicester (H), Norwich (H), Watford (A), Man City (H), Leicester (H), Palace (H).

I also looked at cup games

Elmo starts 6 games

Wins 4

Draws 0

Defeats 2

Elmo comes on as a sub 2 games

Wins 1

Draws 0

Defeats 1

Elmo doesn't feature 7 games

Wins 3

Draws 1

Defeats 3

Win ratio when he starts in cups is 66.7% and when he doesn't feature it is 42.86%

Overall win ratio when Elmo starts: 52.87%

Overall win ratio when Elmo features: 48.62%

Overall win ratio when Elmo doesn't feature: 25.64%

He should play in our next three for my money!

NB. he started in each of our 10 match winning run last season.

I think the overall stats are heavily skewed because of the fact thaf he played for us more in the Champ where we are going to win a lot more than in the PL(as shown by the fact that we actually won more PL games where Elmo didn't start than where he was involved in). I think the PL win ratios are a lot more important than the overall win ratios and should be bolded at the bottom instead.

You'd probably find similar stats if you did the same for any player right now who had a big hand in our Championship promotion season.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Point taken but our win percentage without him in the Championship was 15% compared to 56% with him.

I'm also conscious of stats being able to prove whatever you want really!

Â