Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

12 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

I agree he aren't a superstar but his reliable.Will he start on Sunday.

He’s been good and I’d keep him in the squad next season as well but after the performance Guilbert put in vs Arsenal it’s a tough decision for Sunday if Elmo is fit. It’s a game where experience might be useful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

He’s been good and I’d keep him in the squad next season as well but after the performance Guilbert put in vs Arsenal it’s a tough decision for Sunday if Elmo is fit. It’s a game where experience might be useful.

Guilbert needs to start, I think he offers just as much going forward as elmo does albeit slightly differently an disbbetter defensively as he is great at closing down ayers in wide areas, preventing crosses and making recovery tackles. We need his extra pace to deal with west hams front 3.

Plus elmo is the more versatile sub can be put on at rb or rm if we need to see the game out. 

• 1 month later...
Just now, Jareth said:

If Matty Cash comes in, and that is looking quite likely - well it's the end of the road for Elmo. If he goes he will be remembered fondly - was an important part of reviving a sleeping giant. 

He has a year left on his contract. I wouldn't be against him staying and helping with Cash (?) Bedding in.

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

He has a year left on his contract. I wouldn't be against him staying and helping with Cash (?) Bedding in.

At 32 I reckon he's definitely got something to give a championship side...

• Like 1

Really like Elmo, he's been a great deputy and really flourished under Smith in our promotion season. Immaculate pro and seems like a great guy. I'll always remember him fondly. Assists to El Ghazi in the POF and to his compatriot Trezeguet in the LC semifinal will live long in the memory.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If Matty Cash comes in, and that is looking quite likely - well it's the end of the road for Elmo. If he goes he will be remembered fondly - was an important part of reviving a sleeping giant. 

Wouldn't have thought so. Whose going to pay a fee when he only has a year left on his contract - on decent wages at villa. For what it's going to cost I would keep  him around.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Really like Elmo, he's been a great deputy and really flourished under Smith in our promotion season. Immaculate pro and seems like a great guy. I'll always remember him fondly. Assists to El Ghazi in the POF and to his compatriot Trezeguet in the LC semifinal will live long in the memory.

maybe we should keep him on as the "fullback crossing coach"

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Wouldn't have thought so. Whose going to pay a fee when he only has a year left on his contract - on decent wages at villa. For what it's going to cost I would keep  him around.

I'd have thought he might want to get one last contract somewhere else - can't see us standing in his way. But then he may want to hang around. Just guessing. 

Just now, Jareth said:

I'd have thought he might want to get one last contract somewhere else - can't see us standing in his way. But then he may want to hang around. Just guessing. 

You can't say just guessing.

Say your brothers girlfriend cuts his hair and Elmo had said he is settled in the area and is happy to be a squad player. !!!!!

• Haha 1

Â