Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He did ok, first half he was out of position a little, second was stronger. But we play better with  Guilbert in there and his pace is vital, especially against Leicester 

He can find himself out of position on occasions too.

I think both are ok.

Elmo is 6'0 so defends the back post in the air better, I think......Vardy is a devil in the air, for a modestly built forward....we need to be mindful

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Good backup but badly exposed today. Poor from Smith, against a pacey side we could have done with, well, pace at the back. Guilbert much better suited.

This is so obvious it makes me sad.

• Like 1

Absolute crap. Championship quality. Should never play if Guilbert is an option. Total liability. 

His man marking on their headed goal was ridiculous. It's so bad it's funny. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I didn't think he was particularly worse than our other defenders on that pitch today.

As bad as them in defence but also so many attacks broke down because he was either behind play or just gave it away.

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Absolute crap. Championship quality. Should never play if Guilbert is an option. Total liability. 

His man marking on their headed goal was ridiculous. It's so bad it's funny. 

He got muscled out of it for the corner, to be fair. Just didn't get there in time.

But there were stages in the first-half where Vardy just floated into miles of space where Elmo should have been.

His inclusion today was on Smith tbh. Out of his depth playing in Smiths system against probably the paciest team in the league. Very retarded imo. I even saw Jack back covering the RB spot once or twice. Absolutely stupid to start him today when you've got a faster more athletic RB.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Why was he playing against such as a pacey team in Leicester. Mind boggling and decisions like this worry me. 

I think it's Smith doing the "honourable" thing in his mind and not dropping a player who's come in and played well (against Chelsea). Sometimes you have to be ruthless. Just like Luiz was a better choice over Hourihane today, Guilbert was the better choice over Elmo.

• Like 3

Some of the highlights from yesterday's game :

- throwins straight to the opposition 

- pointing to the wide man he was supposed to be marking 

- holding a defensive position while marking no one, then watching them simply pass around him

- dropping off his man for the third goal

Hardly a great performance. Poor from Smith to pick him over Guilbert 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Some of the highlights from yesterday's game :

- throwins straight to the opposition 

- pointing to the wide man he was supposed to be marking 

- holding a defensive position while marking no one, then watching them simply pass around him

- dropping off his man for the third goal

Hardly a great performance. Poor from Smith to pick him over Guilbert 

I wanna add something. Grealish had at least one run where he looked to switch the play. Elmo seemed completely brain dead. Not did he time his run right, and to make it worse he hid behind the Leicester fullback so Grealish's pass went out for a throw in. You could see how annoyed Grealish was. 

Â