Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

I think he's shit at this level now and his days are over. His passing is less than adequate in this league. Either his short or long passing. 4 times in the first 20mins today he gave the ball away through wayward passing. Yeah he puts in a decent shift in every now and then but should not be starting imo. 

• Like 1

I thought he was okay today, he got forward decently and he's a sensible old head, which can be useful in the situation we're in.

He's much less likely to get caught out of position than Guilbert, but his desire to tuck in next to the centre back at the first sign of danger is really frustrating - his desperate desire not to be isolated against a winger, alongside El Ghazi's unwillingness to run back into the corners with a man is a real problem for us. I don't think they're a workable combination.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Me too at this current point we need him more than Guilbert. 

Next season if we're still in the PL I'd expect to see more of Guilbert.

Yes, now we need some cool heads that can be cynical and help grinding the points we need. With some better players in January and then next summer, we can aim at the players going forward. It is also ok to let Guilbert get some more time in order to improve. No one expects the foreigners to be a success the first half year (although we can probably see who is not going to make it at this stage).

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think he should play every week.

Used to the English game. Loads of PL experience (and we don't got many of those). Always gives you a 6/10 game.

6/10 and then you criticise others for lowering expectations.......WOW

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think he should play every week.

Used to the English game. Loads of PL experience (and we don't got many of those). Always gives you a 6/10 game.

So would you say it was a great decision by Dean Smith to bring him in for Guilbert? :trollface:

He hassled, showed street smarts and good game management at the end of the game, but really he was nothing better than average. He fell asleep and lost one player (can't remember who, sorry) for a free header that would have been scored by a better finisher, and he was a big culprit for our defence being too narrow.

He's a decent squad player, and I quite like him, but we don't have many 'easy' home games left so I don't foresee him having a massive role in the rest of the season (barring injury of course).

Â