Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'd play him at RB and Guilbert at LB, but not at Arsenal, at least until Targett is fit and up to speed. Need to keep the continuity in the backline for Arsenal though. 

What about playing Hause at Arsenal?

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Elmo's attitude, I have to say, as been first class since losing his place to Freddie. His enthusiasm hasn't waned one bit. A great example to others.

I agree. He's not the world's greatest footballer but he is also very useful. On his good days he makes really good decisions and has a killer pass in him. I like him.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

No, I don't think so. You don't mess with a back line that kept a clean sheet when you're away at a big six team. Taylor is better sitting back and defending anyway. 

He's good at sitting back anyway, i give you that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Elmo's attitude, I have to say, as been first class since losing his place to Freddie. His enthusiasm hasn't waned one bit. A great example to others.

Although I agree that Elmo has a good attitude, it's not actually something I'd consider praising him for. That is what we should expect of all our players. It's the point of having a squad and competition for places.

4 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Although I agree that Elmo has a good attitude, it's not actually something I'd consider praising him for. That is what we should expect of all our players. It's the point of having a squad and competition for places.

No player likes being dropped, but how you react to it speaks volumes. Every time he has been called of that bench he has shown a fighting quality, that I, for one, applaud. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

33 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

No player likes being dropped, but how you react to it speaks volumes. Every time he has been called of that bench he has shown a fighting quality, that I, for one, applaud. 

I suppose we could say the same for El Ghazi and Jota, who've recently lost their places and then come back in, and they've not embarrassed themselves in terms of effort. Douglas Luiz too, when he came on as a sub on Monday.

27 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I suppose we could say the same for El Ghazi and Jota, who've recently lost their places and then come back in, and they've not embarrassed themselves in terms of effort. Douglas Luiz too, when he came on as a sub on Monday.

Not really, Elmo had just signed a contract extension and not done a lot wrong. I could understand him wanting to throw his toys,but no, he's just got on with it.

Luiz wasn't dropped . The manager thought he was still a little tired from his international duties to play on Monday. Anwar was deservedly dropped ,as for Jota, I wouldn't exactly call him a mainstay in the team.

• 1 month later...

I know I'll probably be laughed at, but given that both have very good crossing ability, I wouldn't to too adverse to seeing Elmo and Guilbert on the right from time to time. 

On 03/11/2019 at 06:16, av1 said:

I know I'll probably be laughed at, but given that both have very good crossing ability, I wouldn't to too adverse to seeing Elmo and Guilbert on the right from time to time. 

That was probably the plan until Guilbert got hurt...I really think that hurt our sub strategy.

Â