Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

One thing that's really impressed me is his technical ability. He used to be a kick and rush merchant under Bruce at Sunderland in his younger days but now his touch, control and passing are just lightyears ahead of where he used to be. Really maturing like a fine wine as a player.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

One thing that's really impressed me is his technical ability. He used to be a kick and rush merchant under Bruce at Sunderland in his younger days but now his touch, control and passing are just lightyears ahead of where he used to be. Really maturing like a fine wine as a player.

I think you'll find that a lot of players from the Middle East, technically, are pretty sound.

Elmo's biggest problem is that he isn't (or hasn't been) very fast, his gait is longer than your average winger and he's not explosive in his movements.  But he has a certain elegance to him. 

In Bruce teams, more likely than not he'll be forced to ping a pass down the wing because the in field pass wouldn't be on as much as it is under Smith.  But he does put the ball in the right areas and is really good at crossing from deep.  I've always liked Elmo, he rarely lets us down.  

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Mentioned in the Guilbert thread that Elmo has one of the highest expected assists per 90 stat in our squad and what do you know, first start he gets in a while he gets himself an assist. Really not worried at all about who we play in rb imo, both Guilbert and Elmo are good for us. Nice to have squad depth for once.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Love Elmo. Solid player amd a great backup. I wouldn't mind keeping him in the team. Doesn't deserve to be dropped after that.

He doesn't really

He isn't amongst our problems.

Edited by TRO

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Love Elmo. Solid player amd a great backup. I wouldn't mind keeping him in the team. Doesn't deserve to be dropped after that.

He did ok, first half he was out of position a little, second was stronger. But we play better with  Guilbert in there and his pace is vital, especially against Leicester 

Â