Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

Have to say I was slightly disappointed when Elmo came on, cant explain why but have enjoyed Guilbert in that position but I....hands up.........admit I was completely wrong and what a cross!!!

50 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Can't see how Guilbert if a better attacking fullback. Guilbert's end product is not good. His crossing is weak.

If anything i'd say Guilbert is better defensively.

Said a few times earlier in the season i actually think they would work pretty well together in a 4-4-2 with Fred at RB & Elmo RW, Ok he's not an out and out winger but he is a calm, sensible head & his crossing is his biggest strength. With Fred behind him to do much of the running and the opportunity for quick overlaps without fear of having no cover it could be quite effective

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Can't see how Guilbert if a better attacking fullback. Guilbert's end product is not good. His crossing is weak.

His final ball may not be great, but his pace and overlapping runs aid out attacking play. It aids the wingers creating the space for them to operate more effectively 

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Said a few times earlier in the season i actually think they would work pretty well together in a 4-4-2 with Fred at RB & Elmo RW, Ok he's not an out and out winger but he is a calm, sensible head & his crossing is his biggest strength. With Fred behind him to do much of the running and the opportunity for quick overlaps without fear of having no cover it could be quite effective

I'd swap them around in this case.

As Guibert is much quicker down the flank, Elmo can defend and whip in from deep without being over exposed to pace.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's a shame Elmo is 32 years old.

He's not a long term solution. I wonder how long he will be here.

For the rest of this season which is the focus right now I guess? We can look at where he fits during the summer. I think he has more to offer in the future but we can worry about that later and where he plays, I can see him changing position eventually. He is just a presence. Also what a bargain he proved to be. Thank you Steve Bruce.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

4 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

For the rest of this season which is the focus right now I guess? We can look at where he fits during the summer. I think he has more to offer in the future but we can worry about that later and where he plays, I can see him changing position eventually. He is just a presence. Also what a bargain he proved to be. Thank you Steve Bruce.

To me he doesn't look at all like he's going to retire. He's in great condition.

I'm confident he's here next season. We should keep hold of him as our good second choice RB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

:D U keep linking this.

We are starting with Targett and Fred as Smith sees them as first choice and Elmo still is one of our best crossers :D 

Just now, sne said:

:D U keep linking this.

We are starting with Targett and Fred as Smith sees them as first choice and Elmo still is one of our best crossers :D 

Twice. Let me have my moment 😄

Targett and Fred are absolutely 1st choice but I'm always thankful for Elmo contribution to club. Hutton getting injured got us promoted 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Â