John Terry

Farlz

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

WTFDTD and how has he escaped criticism yet again?

Because he isn't the head coach.

If he were the head coach i would be criticizing him as much as i criticize Smith.

Smith puts out the tactics, players and team shape that is the end off.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If he were the head coach i would be criticizing him as much as i criticize Smith.

So, I'd imagine in training that Terry would be given the goalkeeper, back 3 and then guilbert, Targett and central midfield to work on defensive shape and everything that goes with that. Smith would probably oversee it at times but it would be Terry's responsibility to work on and ultimately organise that defence. Now, there's 7 players plus a goalkeeper there which should be enough to shut out an attack more often than not. Everything would be agreed upon between Smith and Terry. They would have long discussions on the best way to organise and set up the defence.

Do you really, honestly, brutally honestly, think that Terry wouldn't have a word in Smith's ear if he didn't think the tactics were right? And then moreso, do you really and honestly think that Smith wouldn't listen to one of the greatest centre backs of a recent generation?? You're absolutely **** deluded if you think that wouldn't happen. They are a team and Terry is liable to criticism as much as Smith. It's just Smith has to face the media and will take most of the flak because he's the main man. The whole coaching setup seems wrong to me if yesterday is anything to go by... NOT just Smith.

37 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

John Terry is an assistant head coach.

He isn't hired as a coach for the defense.

If you think we are defensively poor because of JT that is harsh. Brentford and Walsall also struggled defensively but i guess that's JT's fault as well?

So you don't think Terry would be used for his defensive expertise?? No? Ok.

At not one point did I blame solely John Terry, I said they are a coaching team. If youre pathetic enough to think I came anywhere close to suggesting that it's Terry's fault for the defensive issues at Brentford and Walsall then you're just summing yourself up really. 

Im not even trying to defend Smith, I'm trying to criticise the coaching staff as a unit rather than as an individual because I think that's where we are at. The whole set up seems wrong. But it's ok, Steve Gerrard can come in and sort us out. 😂😂

Ultimately we don’t know how much Smith listens to Terry. To be fair to Terry he seems quite humble in his coaching role publicly. Smith is his boss in his first coaching job, I’m not convinced Terry would be or should be in his ear saying he’s getting everything wrong. Terry may have a completely different tactical philosophy to Smith, who himself was a centre half. 

If Terry is somehow responsible or not up to it, which there is no evidence of as far as I can see, then as Head Coach Smith would still be responsible for not recruiting an additional coach or replacements.

On 23/02/2020 at 14:56, villalad21 said:

Thats probably what the bustup in the tunnel was all about.JT was probably telling DS that he is setting the defence up all wrong.JT probably wants a back 4.He has played under some top managers in his time and should know something about defence.Unfortunately DS has the last say.Not JT.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Thats probably what the bustup in the tunnel was all about.JT was probably telling DS that he is setting the defence up all wrong.JT probably wants a back 4.He has played under some top managers in his time and should know something about defence.Unfortunately DS has the last say.Not JT.

There wasn't a bust up.

16 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

If that`s true, then I stand corrected.

Regan from WM who supposedly tweeted about it stated categorically that he didn't post it and it was fake news 

Still as the old a as saying goes, a lie will run half way around the world before the truth gets his boots on.  With the Internet it's about 40 times the world now. 

• Like 1

On 23/02/2020 at 08:09, villalad21 said:

John Terry is an assistant head coach.

He isn't hired as a coach for the defense.

If you think we are defensively poor because of JT that is harsh. Brentford and Walsall also struggled defensively but i guess that's JT's fault as well?

it has been confirmed what each of the roles of o'kelly, smith and terry are with coaching. it was quoted that smith takes the attackers and terry works with the defence. i have looked but just cant find it. there was also that video of him and mings doing that 1:1 training drill last season.

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it has been confirmed what each of the roles of o'kelly, smith and terry are with coaching. it was quoted that smith takes the attackers and terry works with the defence. i have looked but just cant find it. there was also that video of him and mings doing that 1:1 training drill last season.

Coaching doesn't work like that, it isn't FM. I am sure JT talks closely with the defenders and gives them advice on certain situations. He doesn't coach the defence whilst Dean Smith is off with the attackers. That's madness.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Coaching doesn't work like that, it isn't FM. I am sure JT talks closely with the defenders and gives them advice on certain situations. He doesn't coach the defence whilst Dean Smith is off with the attackers. That's madness.

i dont recall the exact interview, but it was along the lines of they would split up into groups, whereby terry would take the defence off for drills and smith would work with the attackers. i can't find it though...think it was an AVTV interview

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

When we had that striker crisis a few weeks back I bet he didnt even bother to come into work. Smith Out :P

Â